Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 New Coil Question

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK guys and gals, I have a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 from Radio Shack.

The one pictured here: http://metaldetector.be/Bounty-Hunter-Discovery-3300/M/B00123OUMI.htm

I would like to get another detector one day, but just can't afford one at this time. I have been pretty successful with my 3300 and its 8" stock coil, but of course I want more. I have been doing some searching on the net, and found a 10" coil (at this link: http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/searchcoils.htm)(It is the one pictured on the right, good price). I was just wondering if anyone had tried these coils on these machines and had any luck? I do a lot of CW relic hunting, and would like to be able to cover more ground, and dig deeper targets than the 8" coil allows.

If you have any input on this please let me know.

I'd also like to know if this coil's plug will even fit my machine, so if you have done the swap, please let me know also...

Thanks!

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased the 10" Magnum coil for my Time Ranger. I have neither at this point, both are in transit as we speak.

From my understanding, that coil will fit all modern Bounty Hunter. I see no reason why this coil wouldn't work out well for you.

Something to note as well, someone ask in the Tech forum about a coil for Bounty Hunters that might work from another company. It looks like the 11" DD from Fisher will work. http://www.dmobx.com/fishercoils.htm go to the near bottom of the page. I believe all of the coils offered by Bounty Hunter are concentric. This one is a widescan so it should work out super for mineralized ground.

HH

revdrlon

Apr 19, 2008
owensboro, ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter land star
seems like about all the 10" coil would do is get you an inch or two deeper. i hadnt heard about the fisher DD though, that might help quite a bit

OP
OP
crashbro17x

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I broke down and bought it. I'll let everyone know how it does. I got to hunt with it about an hour Monday....I'll post my opinions when I've hunted with it a couple of times....Thanks for the input!

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
I've got a Titan 3000 (made by Bounty Hunter) and I use the 10" coil on it in low trash areas....it does get some extreme depth.

OP
OP
crashbro17x

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
EddieR said:
I've got a Titan 3000 (made by Bounty Hunter) and I use the 10" coil on it in low trash areas....it does get some extreme depth.

SWEET...I've only been able to use mine once...and it was only for about an hour. Did you notice any difference in the target ID? Did it give a better readout, or do anything differently?

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Well, I usually hunt old homesites and farms....so the targets are usually relics. Target ID isn't much good there :wink:. HOWEVER...every now and then a coin will surface. As far as the readout goes, I learned a long time ago to go by signal quality only....I figured out that I was passing up a lot of good items by watching the meter. Meters are good if hunting parks and schools, but hunting OLD coins.....a lot of high dollar detectors will ID a coin wrong if it's DEEP. Learn to trust the sound of the target and your finds will improve! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread