Bounty Hunter Coils

BOBBYC

Dec 5, 2008
KNOXVILLE,TN
Detector(s) used
BH LANDSTAR,,ACE 250,Whites Coinmaster Pro,whites MXT,Tesoro cutlass2
I have the 4",8",10" coils for my bounty hunter land star the 10 gets killer depth and the 4 gets almost the same depth as the 8 it is great for trashy spots my wife uses it more than I do she can coin pick me to death in a park with the 4 when I am using my tesoro vequero with the stock 9x8 coil

hope this helps you

bobbyc

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Matt

I just used my new 4" coil for about 40 minutes in my gravel/dirt driveway and found 2 pennies and one dime. I have been over this area several times with my 8" coil and thought it was coin free. Lots of trash in the area helps to throw of the larger coil as I am sure that you know. Only had a quarter to air test on and in all metal mode on my 505 about 8 to 10 inches. After I found a penny it tested about 8 in discriminate give or take. All the coins were found from 2 to 3 inches in depth. May try more tomorrow if I have the time but my early inclination is that it is worth the investment.

capt.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Yeah they say the 4 inch coil is "Tuned" for gold but it picks silver up like nothing else.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What one depth one coil gets in one area may not be the depth you can get in another. Because of the smaller field of the 4 inch coil it is your go to coil for trashy spots as it mainly gets between the junk. Many can't handle the smaller size and say they are not covering as much ground per sweep. This is true, but it does no good to race along if the coil can cover more than one target at a time.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the small coil and take your time....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread