tracker IV

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried a Gold nugget coil on it? I have one, it's about 4 1/2 inches in Dia. They are good for getting into small places like under brush and between things. I can increase the sensitivity control more than with the 8 in-er. They are only 39.99 a the Bounty Hunter Store. I am now thinking about a 10 inch coil. only 69.99.
Arid.

www.bountyhunterstore.com

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
I use the 4 in coil on my 505. It helps me pinpoint much better than I am able to with the stock coil. I am new to this but I have found some cool stuff. The 4 inch coil helps a lot on playgrounds and trashy areas.

Fathead

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i was going to invest in one wen i get the extra funds i also wan the 10 in and thank yous for the replies

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv hear of other coils from a fisher might work on a bounty....JUST WHAT I HAVE HEARD

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive heard that too the f4 and f5s

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my BH pioneer 101 is the exact same thing as your IV so this might help....well let me ask you this first ...are you happy with your BH do you have a real feel for the machine? If not then my advise is the throw it on ebay to get 1/3 the money you need for the Ace 250...lol It is way better and goes deeper and has a display, still has all the beeps and sounds the BH had but it has pinpoint and the display does help.....If you cant master your BH, and be happy, you need to up grade...If you have noticed on the BH a lot of different things have the same sound, thats a lot of wasted digging.. the Ace 250 is a total coin shooter and has a special sound just for coins...its sweet...mine is right at telling me what it is in the ground on the display about 75% of the time total but if im only looking for quarters or silver and only notch them its been right 100% so far...I shit you not...mine can snag a quarter 9" down so far with quarter shown on display, I have dug a few at around 11" but the Ace250 didnt stop at a quarter it went from 25,50,100....marks and just bounced around It still saw the coin but couldn't peg what it was for sure.....my 101 will always be the back up and my son used it every time we go out but my 250 is a BEAST :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
B1u3Dr4g0n1 said:
Iv hear of other coils from a fisher might work on a bounty....JUST WHAT I HAVE HEARD

The coils for the Fisher F2 and Fisher F4 will work on most current Bounty Hunter machines. I have the 11" DD coil made for the F4 and love it. I also have the 10" Magnum coil and love it too. I hunt mostly for relics in the woods, with the occasional coin hunt at old home sites in town.

It is an absolute killer on small iron relics. It is actually a pain in all metal mode in trashy areas. I have found pieces of rusted wire that would not make the 10" coil sound off no matter what.

I am not convinced that I am getting any more depth with the 11" DD but I like the wider scan field and the sensitivity. I plan on doing a "real world" face off with both the 10" Magnum and the 11" DD on a relic hunt soon to see if one has a definate advantage on depth over the other. When I get this done, I will post my results.

Doug

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man! Use the 4 incher and hit yer old spots! Is the DD heavy turtle?

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Deftone said:
Oh man! Use the 4 incher and hit yer old spots! Is the DD heavy turtle?

Have the 4 inch and love it. The DD feels a little heavier than the 10" but it's not too bad.

Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread