Bounty Hunter Tracker II

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Hi,
I may be wrong here, but I don't believe you can swap the coils on that model. I looked at the manual and they don't mention it or show any other coils as an option. On other BH models that have the spider coil standard, you can use either the 4", 8", or 10". In answer to your question, the closed coil that your detector has will work fine. The spider coil is easier to pin point with as you can see exactly which blade of grass is in the center of the loop. They do tend to snag on brush and deeper grass more than the closed face coil, however. The 8" spider coil will probably have a tad bit more depth capability that the 7 1/4" coil due to it's slight increase in size. Just my thoughts, hope this helps.

OP
OP
M

Mezrein503

Jul 7, 2010
Hillboro
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you happen to know if the coil is waterproof? I know the control box isnt, but wanted to know if the head was.
Another question. I'm curious to know the best practices with this model. I know its older and somewhat dated, but until I can afford something else, want to get the most out of it. I currently sweep in tone mode, sens at 10, disc at 9. Is this the ideal setting to find jewelery, clad, and older coins? Or should I go straight metal and dig everything I hit? :icon_scratch:

Edited with further questions

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions