Bounty Hunter Legacy 3300

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the new Legacy 3300 that is made just like the Fisher F4 and has the same electronics that the F4 has... First day out for about two hour found, 243 shell casing, mini-ball, pieces of brass. The tones are different from the ones that I'm use to, from the Whites detectors but found treasure the first day out... For $249.99 it will become a main part of my treasure hunting tools....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can be had dirt cheap off feebay too. They sell a heck of a lot cheaper than used F-4s.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Nice machine for sure. I can't remember, but I don't think it has the DD coil like the F4. :icon_scratch: Either way, it's still a bargain for the price. Enjoy!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The BH3300 platform machines are good machines in their price range. But despite the similarity in appearance and features they are not the same as the Fisher F4 which is a different circuit, software, and searchcoil-- and which usually costs more.

I'm not knocking the BH3300 machines, they're good units. But I wouldn't want someone to think that by getting a BH3300 they're getting a Fisher F4 with a different label.

--Toto

OP
OP
dtpost

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woof! said:
The BH3300 platform machines are good machines in their price range. But despite the similarity in appearance and features they are not the same as the Fisher F4 which is a different circuit, software, and searchcoil-- and which usually costs more.

I'm not knocking the BH3300 machines, they're good units. But I wouldn't want someone to think that by getting a BH3300 they're getting a Fisher F4 with a different label.

--Toto
Since Fisher was bought by the same company that makes Bounty Hunter, First Texas. They have several machines, they have taken apart and reproduced them for Bounty Hunter. Call First Texas yourself and find out whats up! I did before buying the BH3300 because I was going to buy the F4. It's the same set up, front panel and all, do the research and find out..........................

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
dt, the 3300 is a very good product in its price range. However, it ain't an F4 in disguise. I know for a fact (not speculation), and the reason I'm posting is to correct your misinformation on behalf of others who come here wanting reliable information.

--Toto

obento

Apr 25, 2011
I have recently purchased a discovery 3300.. The manual (page 20) explains how to ground balance is "all metal" mode. My ground balance knob doesn't seem to have any effect in all metal or discrimination mode. My machine seems as if ground balance knob works only in pinpoint mode. Is the owner's manual wrong or do I need repairs? Any help appreciated --thanks.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I think all metal on this detector is a motion search mode? As is disc. Pinpoint is non-motion & I think you set the ground balance while in pinpoint. The ground balance setting you make in pinpoint will affect the performance over ground minerals when searching. So I don't think anything is wrong.

It's been awhile since I had a 3300 (& the manual), but I remember sometimes when my ground changed the detector would start beeping alot, a good hint that the ground balance needs resetting. HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread