Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is their deeper coils that I could get for the track IV, and is it waterproof too?

MrPoptop

Jan 3, 2011
Cowlitz County, Washington
Detector(s) used
2 AT Pros and a BH Tracker 4
My best advice is to get ace 250, or stay with stock Tracker 4 untill you can afford a Garrett AT Pro.
It is uncomfortable but performs verywell. Best for the money no "optional" gear needed.
Will cost round 500 dollars tho.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tracker IV is actually an excellent machine for the money. I got mine for $88 from Amazon and it has features that $250 detectors don't have. The big downside to the tracker IV is lack of depth. It is a few inches shallower than other machines in the $250 dollar range. But it is very easy to use and has great discrimination and recovery speed. If it had just a little more depth it would be my main machine. Don't get me wrong, it's not a toy. It is a serious detector. But the depth is not as good as a more expensive machine.

If money is an issue, go with the Tracker IV. If you can afford to spend at least $250, go with a Tesorro Silver uMax or an Ace 250. All of these are starter machines though so there is also the option of starting with a Tracker IV and then saving the extra $150 toward a future machine in the $400+ range that you will be likely to keep longer term.

It's a tough decision. But the Tracker IV is well worth what you pay for it. Good luck with your decision.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
MrPoptop said:
Tracker 4 is no joke. My son outhunts me with it half the time. 250 goes deeper tho.
For 90 dollars from amazon its a tough choice.

That statement say's alot right there, I just recently purchased a new tracker iv from hobby lobby, with the 40% off coupon the wife had and the military disount, walked out the door with a brand new tracker iv for $ 40.00

Karl

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN_MD said:
MrPoptop said:
Tracker 4 is no joke. My son outhunts me with it half the time. 250 goes deeper tho.
For 90 dollars from amazon its a tough choice.

That statement say's alot right there, I just recently purchased a new tracker iv from hobby lobby, with the 40% off coupon the wife had and the military disount, walked out the door with a brand new tracker iv for $ 40.00

Karl

That is an EXCELLENT deal. I'd buy 5 of them at that price. :icon_thumright:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
at 100 bucks or under hard to say no to that deal.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
That is an EXCELLENT deal. I'd buy 5 of them at that price. :icon_thumright: [/quote]

They only had one on the Shelf

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
If you have a local hobby lobby sign up for the emails and receive coupons for up to 40% off anything in the store,
and then purchase your tracker IV for $60.00

good luck

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have both and to my surprise the BH is an awesome little machine, but on the other hand the Ace 250 is far above the BH... But I would agree I would save for the Garrett AT PRO for sure...

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a BH T4. Other than depth, as mentioned before, it rocks as a unit. I have had no issues. If the depth could be deeper it would out perform many more expensive makes.

cheapomd

Apr 2, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Harbor Freight 9 function
Jetco Treasure Hawk (BFO)
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have a local hobby lobby sign up for the emails and receive coupons for up to 40% off anything in the store,
and then purchase your tracker IV for $60.00

good luck

Thanks for the tip! Me and my son got each one with the 40% off coupon, it came out to $65.00.
Thanks Again! Hell of deal for a tracker iv!
Al

Patterson

Jan 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got bounty hunter tracker iv today; first day found a tire iron in the yard about 2 1/2 down! Seems to be a good machine for the price, its important to use different objects to see what sounds it produces. Trying to find some horse shoes and old farm equipment on Tues. in an old County twp. founded about 1805.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one just for the hell of it after seeing all the HobbyLobby talk on here with the 40% discount.. I figured it would be a good machine to just keep in the truck and not worry about.. I will also use it as a buddy machine.. I paid $71 shipped... I should have it Friday but I'll have to wait out these -22° temperatures before I can actually try it out :(

cheapomd

Apr 2, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Harbor Freight 9 function
Jetco Treasure Hawk (BFO)
BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bounty Hunter

I bought one just for the hell of it after seeing all the HobbyLobby talk on here with the 40% discount.. I figured it would be a good machine to just keep in the truck and not worry about.. I will also use it as a buddy machine.. I paid $71 shipped... I should have it Friday but I'll have to wait out these -22° temperatures before I can actually try it out :(
Yea the grounds hard diggin at these temps!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea the grounds hard diggin at these temps!

Mine actually arrived this morning but I haven't opened it yet.. I'll let my girlfriend open it up when she gets home from work..

And ya, the ground is just a bit hard right now.. Last time I was out it was 30°.. done until spring

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both the Tracker is a better coin machine and a better ring machine. It pinpoints way easier than the Ace .It kills the Ace in coins and in jewlry equals it but destroys the ace in rings. Depth on the Tracker is about 5 to 6 inches the Ace is about 7 inches with the stock coil.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread