505 false readings

L

lost hunter

Hi all I need help lol went out today with my GREAT bountyhunter 505 and all I got was false readings, I tried the battery trick, no slop in the cable, Readings would be silver dollar dime ect at 4'' deep, dig down 10'' not one thing in the ground, is there anything else I can try? cant afford another detector untill this thing pays for it's self < at this rate I'll be in the ground first > lol Thanks for any help :'(

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your batteries are fresh, and it still is unstable at that location, clean out the coil cover of any black sand. You might be having feed back from your cell phone, so turn that off. Since you can not change the operation freq of your BH, you should see if it works better at a different location. Security fences and buried dog fences bother them to no end.

OP
OP
L

lost hunter

Thanks for the response Sandman, don't have a coil cover, no sand around here Western Pa, could be cell phone, this an old Bed&b that I been searching around 1800's, I think I should found atleast a one coin LOL Thanks again

OP
OP
L

lost hunter

Today I was intouch with 1ST Texas told them of the problem I was having, They said it sounded like a coil had me send it back for service, have to wait to see what they come up with. :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread