SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't wait to hear the reviews. I'm curious how the platinum works.

I love my Land Star.

OP
OP
jharhed

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with the Platinum and I have to say that I was impressed. It has a quick response, very lightweight (usually using an mxt) notch works very well easy to gb and I had forgotten how great it is to have tones! Very good coinshooter in my opinion, mxt will stay in the closet until I get to the fields, Jhar.

billohio6248

Apr 20, 2008
Cumming Georgia
I bought my BH Platinum a year ago fron Metal Detector dot com as well.. Used a Land Star for 13 years. It finds coins as good as any. It registers gold at 55. It tends to be very noisy in trashy areas. I am happy with it. My newest effort will be trying my 5 inch coil for gold nuggets. I live in North Georgia and have a 20 mile ride to the dahlonega gold mine area.

I will let you know how I do.

stringmo

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2012
west coast
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a Platinum as a backup to my T2. I also bought the small prospecting coil. This thing works really well in high trash areas. I had to send the T2 back to the factory for repair so I got about 3 weeks using the Platinum. The biggest problem I have with it is that you must turn the sensitivity way down when around power lines. It does a good job finding coins amongst the trash. On the downside, there are times when you must hit the pinpoint button 2 or 3 times to engage it on occasion. I don't know what thats about but have read the same comment from other Platinum owners. Overall, I can't imagine a better detector for the price that has the added benefit of ground balancing which is extremely important in many locations.

MrDude

Greenie
Sep 19, 2008
I've had mine a couple of months now and it's a excellent detector especially for the price. It excels at coin shooting. I have found a few draw backs, one is with the stock coil it can be kinda noisy in trashy areas. I think part of that problem is getting a good ground balance in all the trash. For it to run smooth it really needs to properly ground balanced. Also I thought I had turned it off and it was still on and I had run down several batteries. Now I just take the batteries out when I'm done.

OP
OP
jharhed

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to return the Platinum due to it not detecting. Was out last weekend and noticed that it was awfully quiet so I got a quarter out of my pocket, waved it in front of the coil and nothing.The folks at Metaldetector.com were more than helpful and I am in the process of swapping for another machine. Outstanding customer service.

TreasureHawk

Apr 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a platinum, so I am new with this machine.
I can say from initial use and testing, that it has an extremely fast recovery speed and detects deep.
Ground balance and adjust sensitivity for stability.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have nothingg but good opinion of mine also.Last weekend it was spazzing out with false beeps for a while after changing battery, but then it settled down and has been fine since.
anybody use it in shallow water? I tried it and noticed it will beep once every time it hits water.

ncholedigger

Jul 17, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had a platinum for about a year and a half. Have to admit, that it was a learning curve, but i finally got it figured out. Went to a local library with a friend recently and really had a great time coin shooting. Every time the platinum said it was trash, I just kept on going. Every time it said it was a dime, BOOM !! It was a dime. The same with a quarter and a penny. I was even telling my friend if the penny was newer or older than '79 before I dug. It gives different readings for the older pennies.

I have had a great time with the platinum. It is a lot of machine for the money.

The only thing I recommend is to change the battery as soon as the battery indicator shows that your battery is half empty.

Enjoy the land fishing and keep posting your success.

NCHOLEDIGGER

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions