B.H. 505 newbie!! (bump prone????)

lasser

Mar 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just purchased a B.H. 505, hasn't got here yet but its on it's way......hope I haven't made a bad choice between the 505 or the F2..... I have read on here that the 505 is "bump" prone ? dont know what that means exactly but sounds to me like you better not touch anything with it ??... that dont sound good to me as we all "bump" somethng now and then ! any info or input on this "bump" prone thing would be greatly appreciated...

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard of that. I haven't noticed anything like that with mine. Only thing ive noticed that negatively affects mine is other detectors on and within 10 ft and my cell phone on and within a few feet. Either of those two things and my detector starts to give me a lot of noise and false signals.

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It means that while you are swinging the detector, if it bumps a clump of grass, a rock, bush or sapling it will sound off, making you think there is a target in that area. Nothing serious just be careful how you swing and take your time. The 505 work best with a slower, controlled swing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread