New Happy 505er with some questions

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been running a BH 101 for a month now and have found afair amount of clad and one 45 nickel. Sold off some unrelated hobby stuff andbought a BH 505. Second time out foundmy first 46 silver dime and a 44 wheat. You sure know when you dig a silver, nothinglooks like that if it’s not silver. There was a considerable difference indepth as todays finds were 5” to 6” and before with the 101 never really duga keeper deeper than 3” to 4”. Still working on the learning curve as there’squite a difference in models. All in all I’m happy with the new unit as the twobucks in clad and the silver and wheat were found in ground I had worked withthe 101 at least twice before. Everything was deeper and I believe there’s moreand better stuff I’ve yet to discover. I’ve been running the 505 in autonotchmode with sensitivity about 2 to 3 o’clock and discrimination at about 12o’clock. When I get a solid repeatable high tone signal I’ve been turning upthe disc. to further rule out junk. I’ve found this seems to work so far. Ialso have found sometimes I get what I think is a coin signal and if I don’tdouble check it with a opposite 90 deg. sweep and turning up the disc. I end updigging a plug and loosing the signal all together or there’s nothing in thehole.
Do you 505ers out there have any other advice for anew 505er? Coin and jewelry are probably the only thing I will be getting fromthe areas I’m working right now. Looking for some older resident and abandonedhomesteads to work. Thanks in advance.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your doing it a head to head test all ready sounds like your rite on track, your eye's are your best discrimination.keep looking.

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 505. I have the Discrimination at about 12o'clock Also. But I always have the sensitivity at about 8o'clock (just as it clicks on) and I leave it there. I have found a ton of coins and necklace’s and other (stuff). I too get the (ghost) beeps I swing side to side and it beeps then go back and forth, To make an (X) to help pin point the target. I'll dig it and find nothing, so I sweep again and get nothing, So I cover everything back up like it was when I got there and sweep that spot again. NOTHING!

This has happened in grass parks- Tot-lots And Beach sand. I think it has something to do with the moisture in the ground? I'm not sure. I’m using the stock coil. I just turn the machine on and go. I don’t press any of the buttons on it. Just click and go.

L

lost hunter

My 505 did the same thing sent it back to First Texas they had to replace the coil and recalibrate the unit Works great now It was only a few months old

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread