Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Sensitivity question

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, I am 15 and got a bought a bounty hunter two weeks ago. I've acourse done my yard. Well I was finding some clad about 1-3 inches down at a low sensitvity and a higher discrimination. Well last night I raised my sensitivity to over half probably close to 3/4 and was finding deeper coins as in late Washington Quarters. Does increasing sensitivity raise the depth of the detector? Also, with my detector, how can I tell how deep and item is? Or is that only for the more expensive models? Thanks

Jovan421

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own this dectector also. raising the sensitivity from what I have seen does not increase depth. sometimes the dectector reaches further because of the ground conditions. If the ground is moist the dectector tends to reach deeper. A quarter is much bigger that say a dime so its going to be able to be detected further away. If you want to get a idea of depth of the machine do some air testing. Lay the machine on a non metalic table out side and wave item in front of it and you can see how far it goes. As far as knowing how deep the item is this detecter does not have the ability. That needle in the middle is completly pointless and just bounces to the end everytime. Just do some air testing and adjust it with different setting until you have it rejecting irons but still detecting coin and gold etc. Use the book it comes with it explains how to do this very well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread