Anyone using the F4 s 11" DD coil with a Time Ranger?

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anyone using the F4 's 11" DD coil with a Time Ranger?

Hi.

I'm asking because with my BHTR V4, the 10" Magnum coil has a calibration problem : it won't read anything above Zn cent, and signals scaps, round tabs and other trash as high tones with coins readings.

So I am curious to hear if it's the same with the 11"DD coil, which would ensure me more coverage per sweep.

Thanks and HH

Grumpy.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The 11 inch DD originally developed for the Fisher F4 should work just fine with Time Rangers manufactured since 2004. Make sure you're getting the searchcoil with the push-on connector, not the screw-on connector. Compared with the 8 inch searchcoil you'll probably see a slight increase in depth and a substantial improvement in target separation.

10 inch Magnum coils manufactured prior to about 2005 are not compatible with current BH products.

I don't know what "V4" indicates but I suppose it provides a clue as to when your TR was manufactured.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
Olegrumpy

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you very much, Mr Dave J. Much appreciated, now at least I know why my Magnum coil doesn't work with the TR.

As for V4, I didn't know about that when I bought the unit, till I found this site Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Metal Detector . There is an "historical classification " from V1 to V4, starting with external Co-relator, internal co-relator, C-cells, and prospecting mode added. Owning the last version, I know now the that de 11" DD coil will work. Thanks again !

Grumpy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread