Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter

Nickt

Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this awesome hobby (within the last month) and purchased this detector for $140. I know it is pretty basic, but I love it. So far I have found 2 rings, a bunch of change and a zippo lighter. . . .not to mention enough foil litter and trash to sink the Bismarck lol. It definitely goes haywire in wet sand though but overall it does well on dry sand. My deepest target so far is over a foot and a half (iron pipe section).

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad price. I have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and love it. It picks up everything and the depth is on point. You can swing it quick and it still detects. I was on another forum reading about yours and looks like a lot of people like it. Check the link.

OP
OP
Nickt

Nickt

Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Have you had any good finds lately?

lorddean13

Jun 13, 2012
Warminster PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickt said:
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Have you had any good finds lately?

I went out for a half hour the other day and found a silver Kennedy half and a silver dime.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

BeachComber7

May 12, 2012
Treasure Coast-Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer and Tesoro deLeon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a BH 202 and use it more often than my more expensive machine , a Tesoro. It is great machine for the price. Have had it 4 years now and it's still going strong. Think I paid $188 at Walmart in 2008.

OP
OP
Nickt

Nickt

Jun 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Lorddean and thats great news on the bounty hunter machine. I have read that they were known for durability.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread