Im convinced pound for pound dollar for dollar the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is king - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Im convinced pound for pound dollar for dollar the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is king

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2009
    Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/ Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    82 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Ive dug clad max at around 5 inches but 6 is possible on larger metal items.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    205 times
    Coinshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackerman View Post
    Ive dug clad max at around 5 inches but 6 is possible on larger metal items.
    I would be too busy worrying what I was passing over past 5 inches...Glad it's working for you...I personally would never use one though.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Jan 2009
    Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/ Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
    82 times
    The thing is when i want to clean house on clad at a place and use a light machine i use the tracker Iv. Now if i want silver and older coins i use my whites dfx or minelab quattro.

us
    Jan 2009
    82 times
    Another thing these tracker Iv for some reason are highly sensitive to quarters and dimes. I suspect the 6.8klhz frequency .There decent on nickels and pennys too. Good for ring sensitivity. Super fast sweep speed is a nice thing as well about the machine. Ive heard this model was so good in fact that bounty hunter never bother to update it or change it around. Also on bounty hunters site theres some crazzy finds with this model. Now some people dont like none id machines but i use both.

us
    Apr 2012
    Tesoro Bandito II, Garrett Ace 250, BH LandStar, Time Rander, Discovery 3000, Tracker IV, Discovery 1000, QuickDrawII, Fisher F2.
    74 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinstriking Michigan View Post
    I would be too busy worrying what I was passing over past 5 inches...Glad it's working for you...I personally would never use one though.
    It really depends on soil conditions. My old Tesoro Bandito was killer in the Poconos and in Mid Ohio clay just went nuts with false signals. The BH machines handle that clay better and the Land Star and Time Ranger got a lot of deep targets. I often use a Garrett Ace 250 and it does really well in wet sand (freshwater) and rich topsoil. It also finds deep targets in hard clay, but they are a pain to dig. I prefer it on rich bottom-land in targets to about eight inches.
    If you can't do great things, do small things in a great way. ~Napoleon Hill

VTX
    us
    Dec 2012
    Beverly Hills Florida
    7 times
    I took the tracker out yesterday for my first hunt and only found 3 pennies.

It took me a while to learn the best positions for the knobs for best results, but after a while I was able to disc. Out any trash.
    When I came home I had the wife go out into the yard and hide some change. I was able to find the quarters, dimes and pennies, but couldn't find the nickels.
    I have to work on that, but right now, so far, I like the Tracker very much.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
    Last edited by VTX; Dec 23, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Digging for fun.

us
    Jan 2009
    82 times
    Keep at it and just remember what i mentioned and yull be finding keepers in no time.

us
    Link's Clone

Dec 2012
    WA State
    Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
    107 times
    Prospecting
    *here here* man. We all see and hear things differently. One *chime* could be another person's *low drone.* Lets all just talk good about what we own, give some tips here and there, and deff don't forget pics to oggle at. I'm a Garrett man myself and you'll never see me spy someone with a White's or Minelab and be like, "oh bro I'm so sorry your detector isn't like mine." Instead it's going to be like, "hell yeah man, nice detector, wanna join up and split the take?"
    1 Garrett detector=Shweet time
    1 Garrett detector+what my friends own=Priceless.

us
    Son of Eagles

Mar 2010
    Minnesota
    Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab SE PRO, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250
    452 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Is it the same machine that people are asking $150 to $400 for on eBay right now? Gander Mountain wants $129

us
    Jan 2009
    82 times
    127.00 was around what i saw maybe they went up in price a bit. Or maybee i just gave the little bugger to much mad praise . Hear hear......

VTX
    us
    Dec 2012
    Beverly Hills Florida
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WIT
    Is it the same machine that people are asking $150 to $400 for on eBay right now? Gander Mountain wants $129
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackerman
    127.00 was around what i saw maybe they went up in price a bit. Or maybee i just gave the little bugger to much mad praise . Hear hear......
    If we are still talking about the tracker IV, I used the 40% off coupon and only payed $67.00 including tax and shipping for mine. Can't go wrong with that deal.
    Going out today and will post what I find.
    V

Digging for fun.

us
    Dec 2012
    upstate, ny
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    83 times
    Just got a BH IV from craigslist. It was used once, great shape, $50! Can't wait to get out and hunt, it has been about 10 years.

us
    Jan 2009
    82 times
    Good deal on a fun machine .I got mine at wally world.

VTX
    us
    Dec 2012
    Beverly Hills Florida
    7 times
    Well I'm back from my second hunt and I must say it was a real learning experience.
    I took your advice and set the IV to TONE disk knob to 12:00, sensitivity all the way up.
    Went to a local park and found a penny right off the bat. No big deal but I started learning about the tones/sounds the IV make when it senses something.
    At first I wasn't sure what was meant by a BROKEN signal, but now I know what it sounds like.
    The first few times I heard it I dug it just to see what it was, to make sure it really was trash. It was.
    Little by little I was learning the sound of a good signal. There is a definite difference between a coin and trash.
    After 3 or 4 hours I was getting much better at knowing trash from treasure.
    Now every time I thought it was a good signal, I dug it and it was a coin.
    And ever time I thought it was trash and dug it to make sure, and it was trash.
    So today I found my first dimes and quarters. And of course a bunch of pennies. Also some copper tubing and a few lead fishing weights.
    All in all I'm happy.
    Oh I also figured out how to discriminate pull tabs so I don't hear them anymore.

Digging for fun.

us
    Jan 2009
    82 times
    Congrats boken tones sometimes can be good low tones and high tones are the way to go on this machine. Simple and efective.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links