Im convinced pound for pound dollar for dollar the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is king

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
Is it the same machine that people are asking $150 to $400 for on eBay right now? Gander Mountain wants $129

Trackerman said:
127.00 was around what i saw maybe they went up in price a bit. Or maybee i just gave the little bugger to much mad praise . Hear hear......

If we are still talking about the tracker IV, I used the 40% off coupon and only payed $67.00 including tax and shipping for mine. Can't go wrong with that deal.
Going out today and will post what I find.
V

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

rickv14623

Dec 24, 2012
upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a BH IV from craigslist. It was used once, great shape, $50! Can't wait to get out and hunt, it has been about 10 years.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal on a fun machine .I got mine at wally world.

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm back from my second hunt and I must say it was a real learning experience.
I took your advice and set the IV to TONE disk knob to 12:00, sensitivity all the way up.
Went to a local park and found a penny right off the bat. No big deal but I started learning about the tones/sounds the IV make when it senses something.
At first I wasn't sure what was meant by a BROKEN signal, but now I know what it sounds like.
The first few times I heard it I dug it just to see what it was, to make sure it really was trash. It was.
Little by little I was learning the sound of a good signal. There is a definite difference between a coin and trash.
After 3 or 4 hours I was getting much better at knowing trash from treasure.
Now every time I thought it was a good signal, I dug it and it was a coin.
And ever time I thought it was trash and dug it to make sure, and it was trash.
So today I found my first dimes and quarters. And of course a bunch of pennies. Also some copper tubing and a few lead fishing weights.
All in all I'm happy.
Oh I also figured out how to discriminate pull tabs so I don't hear them anymore.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats boken tones sometimes can be good low tones and high tones are the way to go on this machine. Simple and efective.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and another thing dont disc out pull tabs sometimes they can be a ring instead. Dig trash and yull find the cash.

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
VTX said:
Well I'm back from my second hunt and I must say it was a real learning experience.
I took your advice and set the IV to TONE disk knob to 12:00, sensitivity all the way up.
Went to a local park and found a penny right off the bat. No big deal but I started learning about the tones/sounds the IV make when it senses something.
At first I wasn't sure what was meant by a BROKEN signal, but now I know what it sounds like.
The first few times I heard it I dug it just to see what it was, to make sure it really was trash. It was.
Little by little I was learning the sound of a good signal. There is a definite difference between a coin and trash.
After 3 or 4 hours I was getting much better at knowing trash from treasure.
Now every time I thought it was a good signal, I dug it and it was a coin.
And ever time I thought it was trash and dug it to make sure, and it was trash.
So today I found my first dimes and quarters. And of course a bunch of pennies. Also some copper tubing and a few lead fishing weights.
All in all I'm happy.
Oh I also figured out how to discriminate pull tabs so I don't hear them anymore.

Please help out another newb here.

I have the BH 202 pioneer and have been digging trash, especially soda cans, or 2 weeks. Can you explain the broken signal?

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On some machines a broken signal can sometimes be a good target. So what you can do to see if your machine is one of those . Is set up a small test garden and put out some quarters dimes nickels and some gold jewlry if you have. And listen to the differnt sounds your machine will make. Manny times Gold rings and jewlry will come in as a broken tone.

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
Trackerman said:
On some machines a broken signal can sometimes be a good target. So what you can do to see if your machine is one of those . Is set up a small test garden and put out some quarters dimes nickels and some gold jewlry if you have. And listen to the differnt sounds your machine will make. Manny times Gold rings and jewlry will come in as a broken tone.

Thanks, I did that with coins, but never thought to try with jewelry.

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman said:

Oh well I guess I passed up a lot of gold today because there were broken signals every 3 ft.
I did dig a lot of tabs today, all were low broken signals. If I have to dig every tab to find a gold ring,
I'll go out and buy one, plant it in my yard and dig it up next week
By next week I'll have forgotten where it was or that I ever put it there.
Next time I'm going hunting, it will be some place else.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the nature of the hobby you want to find the gold you gota dig trash and besides its good excercise.

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman said:
Thats the nature of the hobby you want to find the gold you gota dig trash and besides its good excercise.

I'll say, I'm feeling muscles today that I forgot I had.
Especially in my hands from all the digging.
It's all good though, I'm sure it will be good for my legs with all the kneeling and standing up.
Going out tomorrow to an 1850 site that hasn't been hunted before. Hope to come back with some nice finds.

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
My first detector was the bounty hunter lonestar and I found silver with it lol

tim42220

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i,ve had the bh iv about a month first one and i sometimes find big metal 3 or 4 feet down ...love it but what should the settings be for coins and jewely?

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just got finished ordering the Tracker from HL and used the 40% off cupon.

$63.00 free shipping. Can't beat that with a stick.
Now to explain to the wife why I need another DT before I even get the first one.

LoL ! Play the awesome deal mode to the max. That you're getting something you'll eventually want/need. Got a birthday coming up ? :thumbsup:

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ibjeepn said:
LoL ! Play the awesome deal mode to the max. That you're getting something you'll eventually want/need. Got a birthday coming up ? :thumbsup:

Nah, I don't have to justify anything I want to buy. I just get it. We don't even give each other presents because we are always buying things for our selves.

Alexus

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there, I just want to ask you if the The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV can find Gold or Precious stones? because I think this is the most important treasure!

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mean Raw gold nugets ive heard some guys have found some with them. As far as precious stones meteiorites not shure never tried

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man, the 505 came in today while I was out with my buddy on an 1850 site that gave up a lot of iron and wire, but little else.

Had fun though and got a workout on the old knees.
Afterwards I stopped by the park to collect my earnings for the day, 6 pennies and a dime.
Haven't opened the 505 box yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool the 505 seems like an interesting machine. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread