Im convinced pound for pound dollar for dollar the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is king

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm convinced pound for pound dollar for dollar the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is king

I went out today to a local park I frequent and have hit pretty hard. I've taken whites machines there. To name a few the Dfx and the M6 . Now both are higher dollar machines than the bounty hunter Tracker IV and are pretty capable when it comes to coins and jewelry. Now hear comes the funny part a 100.00 dollar detector the Tracker IV out performed them in the coin category and in the jewelry category equalled the Dfx . I've also used several mine labs there and a Garrett ace 250 and none can consistently perform as well as the little bounty hunter Tracker IV.
Today alone I hit around 16 quarters some dimes and a nickel total of 5 dollars. I've yet to use a machine that hits quarters like this beast. Not to mention rings . So far I've got 1 gold ring and 2 silver and over 7 more fake rings and lots of misc charms etc. When bounty hunter designed this machine they must of had a brilliant man behind the making of this monster.
today I found another ring fake but a ring still and a little hair broche and funky key. Any body looking for a first detector out there look no further. good luck and happy hunting to all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 598

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're making me want to head to Hobby Lobby and snag one for $62 with that 40% off coupon. I could play with it until I decide which detector I want to buy.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me it will be the best buy on a detector you ever make period. Mine paid for itself already and then some. With one of these you don't even really need another detector .
Trust me.

Last edited:

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean I should of gotten the tracker in place of the 505 I have on order?

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just got finished ordering the Tracker from HL and used the 40% off cupon.

$63.00 free shipping. Can't beat that with a stick.
Now to explain to the wife why I need another DT before I even get the first one.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tracker is a real coin monster. Best ive used and trust me ive used a few. It kicks azz on jewlry to. Heck i usually use it more than my other machines . For its wait price simplicity performance and value you cant beat it. Just get yourself a good set of 9 volt rechargables because alkalines are expensive. Never used a 505 reviews seem ok. Had one similir to a time ranger before that was pretty good. Id say the 505 should be pretty good. Happy hunting to all and good luck

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, thanks for the great review! My 10 year old niece was having fun helping me search with my Ace - maybe this would be a good gift for her! Still have some Christmas money left to spend on her and was stuck on what to get with it- was going to go the gift card route. Have to call and see if the nearest HL has one in stock before I make the 40 minute drive. Thanks again for the tip!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. I don't think I'd still be detecting if I would have started with a Bounty Hunter.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trackerman... I ain't putting the BH-IV down, but before you go saying its the best out there, you need to do a true head-to-head comparison. Take a couple of detectors and some golf tees out, find something deep with one detector, mark it with the tee and see if the other detector can also identify the same target without fiddling with settings and sensitivity. See which is better on the ID with these deeper targets, then tell us your thoughts. Just remember, the coil has got to swing over it before it can find it. Just because the BH went over it, doesn't mean your other detectors did. The BH is a fine detector for the money I'm sure, but I think if you want deeper, you're going to have to pay to play.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody knows what the best detector is. Unless they owned and used everyone in every soil condition

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a Bounty Hunter/Fisher owner. Yes you will find lots of coins. I also have found rings, and broaches, and its ok for relics too. Not a hard machine to learn at all. Where do I find the coupon for Hobby Lobby.

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca said:
Im a Bounty Hunter/Fisher owner. Yes you will find lots of coins. I also have found rings, and broaches, and its ok for relics too. Not a hard machine to learn at all. Where do I find the coupon for Hobby Lobby.

Just google Hobby Lobby coupons. Look for a 40% off. Use the number on the coupon when you check out.
Should come out to around $65.00 free shipping.

Last edited:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca said:

I started with BH tried Minelab came home to Fisher Great detector

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well for the money its a fine detector and i own some pretty good machines and can tell you ive tried um at the beach and at parks and this one consistantly out performed them in coins and equalled manny higher dollar machines. like the whites dfx wich i do own by the way and is a pretty good detector but costs 9 times more. Not to mention the Minelab quattro and the whites m6. If you guys want to go and get teknical. Now i was meerley passing on some info to those looking for a first machine or new one. Thats all some have taken advantage of the info and some argue and sees to believe.

VTX

Dec 16, 2012
Beverly Hills Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman said:
Well for the money its a fine detector and i own some pretty good machines and can tell you ive tried um at the beach and at parks and this one consistantly out performed them in coins and equalled manny higher dollar machines. like the whites dfx wich i do own by the way and is a pretty good detector but costs 9 times more. Not to mention the Minelab quattro and the whites m6. If you guys want to go and get teknical. Now i was meerley passing on some info to those looking for a first machine or new one. Thats all some have taken advantage of the info and some argue and sees to believe.

I for one thank you. You can never have too many toys.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and onther thing go to bounty hunters website and search the finds. Yull see the Tracker IV has some of the best finds and most varied of all there models.

Last edited:

joeismad

Dec 7, 2012
I have a BH Pioneer 202. It seems to locate items well, but the depth indicator isn't so great.

Disclosure: I'm such a newb at this that I may not be using the machine to its fullest.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manny machines have the depth ids slightly off . I like to measure the target when dug and get an average for each machine. The Tracker is about 4 to 5 inches wich isnt bad for the price of the machine. Now are there deeper detectors out there sure. But they will cost you 5 times more at least

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Hunting (VTX )You'll find some pretty interesting stuff with the Tracker IV. Anything from lighters to whistles you name it . I also like the tracker because its light and handles a fast sweep speed. Some of the higher dollar machines are heavy on the arm after a while.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread