tracker iv

hesthay

Jan 9, 2013
got my first metal detector for Christmas and so far I love it. on the first day I tried it out in the back yard and my first coin was a 1917 wheat penny and the next couple of days of searching in the back yard I found a 1948 and 1954 wheat penny. So my question is now using tone mode I was easily able to tell which sounds were coins. but some sounds are iffy should I go back and dig up all the iffy sounds or do you think they are just trash?

OP
OP
hesthay

hesthay

Jan 9, 2013
also when I have it set in all metal mode every where my coil sweeps it beeps and it's not because my sensitivity is to high. I think there is just a lot of things buried in my backyard. The house I believe was built in the 50s

OP
OP
hesthay

hesthay

Jan 9, 2013
it's also crazy because my back yard isn't that big since I live in the city so my back yard is only like 60 ft by 60ft

D

DeepThought

I've been doing this for about 4 months now - enthusiastically - and found you pretty much have to dig all if you really want to know what an item is. I've had lots of iffy signals that turned out to be coins.

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had a IV for 14-15 years and used it in water many a time. Just don't get the housing wet as the electronics are not at all forgiving.
You have a great machine and workhorse congrats!
HH
Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread