Bounty Hunter Platinum Users Thread

Bevo1986

Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Discovery 3300
I have decided to start a thread just for the Platinum as has been discussed in an another thread. As most of you know there is not alot of of usefull information out there on the Platinum and I thought it might be helpful to have a place to share what we learn. So far I have had good luck with my machine (only have had it a couple of week, was using a 3300 in the past). One issue I have noticed is that the pinpoint may not be as deep as the other modes on the machine. It may be that I am not using it correctly. Seems that I will lose the deep targets in pp and change back over to disc and they are still there ??? Wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Never had issue with the 3300 in pp. All in all love the machine so far, much faster than the 3300 which I consider a good machine also.

I hope to hear from as may users as possible and keep this thread alive. HH :icon_thumleft:

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
I have the platinum seems to be a great machine only thing I have noticed is when battery gets low seems to have problem ground balancing

HappyRyan

Mar 14, 2013
Midland, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in!!! I'm just getting to know mine as well.
I can tell you if you want a quick coin shooter 4 is the max on the sensitivity and you pop them up within two inches.

Has anyone hit any gold? Im digging most everything since i don't know what to expect with this one.
would it be in the foil nickel or nickel pull tab? Any experience in this aria would be greatly appreciated. Momma needs a payoff so i can hunt more.:goldpan:

OP
OP
B

Bevo1986

Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Discovery 3300
Hey guy happy to see interest in the thread. Dave I havent had any gb problems here in Kentucky, but my batts are still on full, only 4 hours hunt time. Ryan I wish I could report what gold comes in at but no such luck. Hopefully other more experienced Plat users will come on and shed more light to the machine. GL and HH.

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
Well havent found any gold but in air testing 10k gold wedding band was coming up 42 to 44 and a 12kgf was coming up 58 to 64 but those reading are from air testing and ground balance was not adjusted so the numbers could be way off if its in the ground I know I have dug alot of foil and pop tabs that read those numbers hope this helps good luck happy huntin

jettyjay

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the 11dd coil, haven't tried it in the ground yet. I did air test with the stock coil and the 11DD, and the 11 adds some depth. My wife's gold jewelry marked in the 55-60 range with the lowest discrimination. Quarters to silver dollars in the mid to high 90's dimes read high as well. 11dd air test picked up the larger coins to 11+ inches, Gold around 9-10 inches.
I will give it a shot this afternoon in a park near the beach. ( North Myrtle Beach SC ). And post my results. HH ~JJ~

HappyRyan

Mar 14, 2013
Midland, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ~JJ~
I did the same thing after i posted. Results below...

Just for the record... Using a BH Platinum with stock 8" coil.
$T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmF)wBQIRYjtb7w~~60_57.JPG

Air test @ default settings.
Woman's 14K band- Foil 46-55 to Nickel 55-58
Standing, Foil 55
Woman's 10K band with ice cluster- Pulltab 60-63
Standing, Scrap 71
Mans 10K solid band- Nickel, 56-59
Standing, Pulltab 60 to Foil 47
Mans, Silver band- Dime, 83
Mans, Silver solid band- Quarter, 89-91

That's all i have time for tonight. HH

Attachments

• bhplat_kit_1.jpg
    bhplat_kit_1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 837
OP
OP
B

Bevo1986

Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Discovery 3300
Good info guys. I will report if the weather ever turns around here:(

jettyjay

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried out the 11DD coil yesterday at a very old abandoned church. I only stay about 15 minutes, it was windy and cold. All I found was a 1970's penny ( down deep ) about 8 inches.
And a dime ( Rosie ) that is so thin and dirty I need to clean it to date it. The dime is almost paper thin and black, found that one deep as well. Its about twice as thin as a regular dime.
I like the 11dd but it does add some weight to the machine compared to the stock coil. There was lots of trash at this site so I discriminated out everything but dimes and up.
The ground is still pretty hard here in SC and digging is tough. With warmer weather forecast the next few days I plan to get back out and give the 11dd another try.
HH ~JJ~

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone found anything decent with this machine? I'm thinking about getting one or a Fisher F2 3 coil package.

OP
OP
B

Bevo1986

Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Discovery 3300
Hey Stone welcome to the thread. I havent found anything fantastic yet but I havent had the machine that long. I can tell you that it is deep and fast. I have done air tests, and agianst my old 3300 machine and its an overall improvement. My friend has the F2 and loves it. I see you use the Delta, I put the Platinum inbetween the Delta and the Gamma. I dont think depth would be much of a difference in any of the machines just features that might be helpful. I personally would try and move up to the Omega on my next detector. Dont know If the Platinum or F2 would be a great improvement for the money unless you just want a second machine for back up or for friends to use. I think the Platinum would compete against many higher priced machines but the coil has to get over good targets and the user has to decide to dig before the good stuff will come up. Hope this helps.
Bevo1986

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I;ve been using my Platinum for about a year,and have a room full of relics of all kinds. Not so many coins most notable a 1804 large cent, but that's due to the fact that I spend a lot of time at woods and old foundations-few parks and such. Found a 14k ring.
I ve no other machine to compare with but I'm satisfied with it and feel I'd not do much better with a much more costly one.

dugin

Apr 6, 2013
southern IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 w/3 coil pack
Recent Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I began metal detecting about the middle of 2012, my first metal detector was the fisher F2 and have done fairly well with it I think. Recently found a 1896 O barber quarter at about 4" after metal detecting this site at least 40 times. This is when I began wondering if I was getting the depth I feel is reasonable to feel confident I am recovering what I can. I contacted Fisher labs because I was having a difficult time deciding which metal detector to upgrade to. My first choice was going to be the Fisher f75 but a little apprehensive because of the cost. I was told by one of the representatives the Fisher F2 is only capable of 5 1/2 to 6 inches with the 10 inch coil. The representative then gave me 3 recommendations which were the Fisher f70, the Technetics T2 and the Bounty Hunter Platinum as a step up. I went with the bounty hunter Platinum because of cost. So far I have found this machine to be a screamer, it will sound off in the iron infested areas I hunt with signals of 80 plus constantly. I can either slow down and let the machine process the information or reduce the sensitivity to calm it down. I have only found one coin with this machine which was a 1906 Mexican 1 centavo. Other than that nothing very interesting. So far the F2 seems to have done a pretty good job of finding the treasures of this site. Learning to listen to this new machine I am confident will reveal more. So I guess I can say for now the Platinum has to reveal its potential.

dugin

Apr 6, 2013
southern IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 w/3 coil pack
Recent Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first coin yesterday with the BH Platinum that I don't know if I would have found with the Fisher F2 in an area I have pounded. The coin was a 1891 Indian head penny at about 4 1/2 to 5". Had trouble pinpointing it, I was near power lines and near a large iron pipe I had found earlier.

Last edited:

sketch008

Greenie
Apr 18, 2013
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21
Bounty Hunter / Platinum
Garrett / Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit my first gold a week ago with my BH Platinum. It was a 14k gold wedding band that rang up as a pull tab and showed a solid 61 on the ID. I've heard that gold could show anywhere from the foil to pulltab range, so I just dig anything that beeps in that range. Hope that helps :happysmiley:

Count me in!!! I'm just getting to know mine as well.
I can tell you if you want a quick coin shooter 4 is the max on the sensitivity and you pop them up within two inches.

Has anyone hit any gold? Im digging most everything since i don't know what to expect with this one.
would it be in the foil nickel or nickel pull tab? Any experience in this aria would be greatly appreciated. Momma needs a payoff so i can hunt more.:goldpan:

OP
OP
B

Bevo1986

Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Discovery 3300
Nice find Scetch. I have been hitting the local parks and have found plenty of clad coins down to about 6 inches and 2 rings. The rings were of the childrens variety and not worth anything other than saying that I have found rings. My machine did go nuts on me the other day. I started to panic as I have heard others complain of the Plats doing this. I found that the conection at the back of the control housing had slipped out about an eighth of an inch. Pushed it back and the machine returned to normal. Overall still impressed with this machine. GL and HH

OP
OP
B

Bevo1986

Feb 18, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
BH Platinum
Discovery 3300
Here is my current count: 20 quarters, 16 dimes, 10 nickles, 137 pennies (2 wheat), 1 Sacajuwea dollar, and 2 junk rings.
Hitting local parks. Many of the coins down around 6 to 7 inches. No silver yet but maybe where I am hunting. How are you guys doing??
Good luck and HH.

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
My last time out was in what used to be and old salvage yard machine went nuts so much metal in the ground couldn't even ground balance did manage to find 5 pennies 2 dimes and a nickle was all kinds of just junk none of it intresting was only there about 30 minutes but still had great time happy huntin all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread