Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Current: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV w/ 10inch magnum coil
Past: Whites Coinmaster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My second post so go easy on me now.. Iam fresh back into detecting since i was a kid and iam limited on money so heres my options..

Low Buck Option 1: My friend has a almost unused Tracker II and I can get it for 40$ still in the original box and everything! Now from digging around i know BH made a version for radio shack(Explorer 2000?) that had a 10' coil and BH makes a 10' magnum coil thats the same 6.6khz just as the stock coil..can that coil be used on the BHT2?? If so the Detector and the coil price combined would be 85$ ..and i like the old school look and manual ground balancing

Option 2: Just buy a tracker 4 and skip the coil..

Iam not trying to find hitlers gold but would mostly coin hunt and maybe some rings .. What do ya think??

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dman, Personally I would choose Option 2. A lot of people rave about the tracker IV! I don't have experience with the Tracker IV myself, but have owned a QuickDraw II and presently own a Radio Shack Discovery 3000. The discovery is basically the same as a Sharp Shooter II with volume control. Good luck with your new toy, whichever one you choose!

OP
OP
T

TheDman216

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply Bula.. Well after sleeping on it iam gonna buy the tracker 2 because the price is too good to pass up and buy either a QD2 or a Tracker 4..

Chadd

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply Bula.. Well after sleeping on it iam gonna buy the tracker 2 because the price is too good to pass up and buy either a QD2 or a Tracker 4..

If you have a hobby lobby near you, you can use the 40% off coupon and get a tracker IV for ~$62.99. Or you could just order it off their web site. Go to shop.hobbylobby.com and the sku is 847012 put in the coupon code from the coupon below.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/assets/dynamic/_weekly.coupon/2013_15_coupon.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheDman216

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ohh man TY for teh hobby lobby link..iam ordering first thing tomm..Thats awesome!! The money saved gets me a pinpointer too..niccee:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
T

TheDman216

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have endless tot lots lakeside beaches and small parks around me and ive spent some time on em and enever,never see detectors around so iam pretty positive its gonna be good..as soon as i get the tracker 4 iam making some vids..thanks again guys

Chadd

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh man TY for teh hobby lobby link..iam ordering first thing tomm..Thats awesome!! The money saved gets me a pinpointer too..niccee:icon_thumright:

No Problem,

I picked up an extra one a month or so ago for my 8 yr old Daughter to use, I shortened the shaft and did a few other little things to make it easier for her to swing. I used a Tracker IV for years before buying a 3300 a while back, I found a lot of stuff with the old Tracker. Oddly enough I probably dug less trash with the tracker and no target ID than I do with my 3300. I knew the tracker very well though and I am sure with more time I will get better with the 3300 trash wise.

OP
OP
T

TheDman216

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tracker IV is on the way..My dad was willing to let me use his sears card to get a detector and i was looking on their site and they have the 10 mag coil for 50$ so i will be getting that .. The last time i flung a detector was many years ago and asking him what it was all he remembers was that it was a whites..so this morning i racked my bain and knew it was blue and had one knob.. I googled what i remembered and it was a whites coinmaster..just an on off all metal and i found alot of stuff with it..but dug alot of junk too but man that thing was big compared to the stuff now size wise like a bread box on a stick lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheDman216

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got a Bounty Hunter 10inch magnum coil from Sears for 46$:icon_thumleft: So the price i would have paid for the Tracker IV with no discount i got the Detector and a 10 coil for 3 extra bucks

1graeman

Mar 7, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet deals, let me know how that larger coil works out for you. I have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 and I would like to improve on it myself by trying different size coils.

OP
OP
T

TheDman216

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea man no problem.. From what ive been reading the bigger the coil the better the coverage area,sees a little deeper but not great for really trashy areas.. If the area is very trashy(tons of pulltabs,cans,junk) ya want a smaller coil for a fine smaller cover area and can be more sniper like to get thru the trash but might give up a little dept..If i got it wrong anybody please add a comment

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread