Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever found anything of any real value with one of these? I got what I thought was a good deal on one that had been used once for $60. At the time they were going for around $100 on Amazon, but now I'm seeing them for $75 new in box. And this was only about a month ago. I even bought the 4" gold nugget coil because most of the soil around here is filled with trash, so I thought it'd help. So far all I've found are hardware objects(a clamp thing, and a square nail, both I'd assume are made of iron although it's supposed to be rejected,) and 4-5 copper pennies plus 10-15 clad pennies. If anyone HAS found something of value, could you tell me the kind of conditions you were in and the settings you had the machine on? It comes with settings for 5-6 applications like Jewelry, Cache hunting, Coin Shooting, finding lost Items, prospecting and such, but it seems there has to be better settings. Their coin shooting settings discriminate out gold, and the jewelry and prospecting settings block out everything but gold it would seem. Argh! I'm so confused and frustrated. Is this machine just garbage?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dought its the machine ya its not one of the $1000 & up machines but even those mean nothing if the treasure isn't there try some old home sites parks stuff that u know has been heavily populated that's where people drop.items we all go through a rough time & get frustrated once in a while best to shrug it off tomorrows another day

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest going to a tot lot or school playground were there should be easy coin targets. Its easier digging and will let you get to know your machine better. I use mine on tones withjust a small amount if disc.

OP
OP
Z

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being where I'm from(Eugene, Oregon,) is definitely part of the problem. There was NO settlement until the mid 1850's, and all of what used to be "old town" Eugene is paved over. The natives in the area did less trading with whites than more central central, eastern, and southeastern tribes. As far as relic type stuff, I'm sure there's the occasional stuff from fur trapping activity, and the occasional Spanish exploration party relic, but if I found something like that it would be one in a million. So therefore I usually keep my machine in "Jewelry" settings. I want a machine better at finding deeper coins because I'm not gonna find anything too terribly old near the surface around here.

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found tons of silver and older coins i run full.sens and 1/2 to 3/4 disc on tone mode good lil machine for the money

OP
OP
Z

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With this machine, would running in all metals mode, then switching to tone mode to try and figure out what's there be a good idea?

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can ive done it in the past now i just run tone

OP
OP
Z

zechariahbendovid

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm. You think I should go back to the 8 inch? I've been test driving my 4" since I got it 3-4 days ago, but my luck hasn't increased.

jarocki

May 27, 2013
Evansville, IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (Tracker 4)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was Hoping for some info, I have a pioneer 101, renamed tracker iv still finding junk, but works great. Trouble is low tones are not always junk ;)

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never ran the 4in coil so i cant tell ya anything about i just crank the sens and go slooow that pretty much it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread