Bounty Hunter Tracker IV vs Bounty Hunter Elite 2200

NordicHunter

Jun 30, 2013
Coeur D alene, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be honest...I know nothing about metal detectors. I get the concept but am lost with what model to get. For my birthday, my wife bought me the Tracker IV. I have found several items, including some type of metal buttons and silver coins. Anyway, the one I wanted was more like the Elite 2200 or Fortune Hunter type of display. Something that would help me tell the difference between junk and the goods. I understand you usually find more junk than good. So I finally got fed up the other day because our beach has so many pull tabs and tacks from the 1800s when it used to be an old Civil War era fort. So I bought the Elite 2200 but do not get this MD at all.

I searched a section on my front lawn with the Tracker IV and had about 2 or three hits. I was on all metal mode. I then used the 2200 and almost every inch was pegging the iron indicator. I took it to the baseball field down the road and got several false hits or couldn't find what was setting off the MD. I did find a door hinge, a dime, and two pennies. Only found one piece of junk which was foil from a hot dog wrapper.

So on to my questions. Am I doing something wrong to get so many different results with both mds? I want a detector that picks up relics just as good as coins. To me it seems that the 2200 is geared more towards coins than relics? Am I off base or have the right thinking?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
ya the 2200 is more of a coin machine i find a slower swing works best gl HH

kookiman

Jun 27, 2012
east central florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite, BH Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 2200 and really enjoy it. While it is great on coins I also have found relics up to 12" deep. Swing low and slow and make sure you're digging *repeatable* signals that sound off when you criss cross your swing...that helps to pinpoint the target and makes sure something is actually there. If you're in a high trash/iron area just use the zap feature to eliminate those signals. Also don't use a jerky motion when you swing and keep the coil level with the ground during the entire swing motion. Good luck and happy hunting !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions