Quicksilver beeping madness

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
My quicksilver beeps like crazy on occasion when i turn it on, making it useless. I think it's a temperature thing with the coil cooling or warming with its new environment. I'm wondering if its true or not. I can leave my machine outside an hour or more to "acclimatize" and it will still beep all crazy sometimes. I've had it do that in the middle of hunt, usually in the early morning so I attribute it to the sun rising. Or can moisture on the grass mess with it. Anyone had similar problems or know why this is happening? Grr

smed76

Oct 22, 2012
I havnt had that problem.used my 3300 out of a warm truck straight to freezing wet woods and was fine.id send it back,tell em to fixit/replace it.

OP
OP
sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
Maybe humidity has an affect on it. I'm in St. Louis and, well, it's gets sticky as s#%^ here in the summer. It's just an occasional thing and I bet that's the issue :)

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My QuickSilver beeps like that if the battery wires are in a certain position. I mess around with the placement of the batteries and wires until it stops. I hope this helps. If it gets any worse or more frequent, I plan on trying to send it back to get it fixed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Jun 21, 2013
I think you may be right. I take the batteries out and switch them between the two connectors. That fixes it sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't. The crazy beeping tends to happen when it's at its greatest depth detection. I take it down a notch and that sometimes stops and after a while I'll try full power to see of it "fixed itself". When that doesn't work I change batteries for new ones Sometimes that doesn't work right off. So I think the wires up there may have something to do with it. I just don't know. Seems like the more I mess with the batteries the quicker it works right.

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had this happen also when the coil wire isn't firmly seated in the reciever.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BH machines get flakey when the batteries have an uneven charge in them or they are low. Always replace your batteries with a fresh set.

KP63

Nov 25, 2013
I've found if there is any pressure on the cable it will act up. Be sure the plug is in tight and the cable has some slack.

Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not trying to dig up an old thread, but this section seems to be pretty slow...so...

I was on a hunt the other day and got the low battery warning on my screen so I swapped to two brand new batteries and my quicksilver started going crazy...jjust beeping all over the place, even straight up in the air. I took the batteries back out and turned them around to face the other way and that seemed to fix it. No idea why that has anything to do with anything, but that fixed it and saved the rest of my hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread