Lynn Wilson

Nov 12, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAVEN'T STARTED YET, BUT...

...I've been reading up on the hobby of MD. I have decided to start with a machine that is easy to use and inexpensive. After consulting with "Santa" (i.e. my wonderful husband, Dave), we are looking at a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver. As I won't actually have it until Christmas, I am reading up and watching a number of youtube MD expeditions to get a feel for what a treasure hunter does. I am hoping to find some Civil War bullets and old coins once I get started. I'll be mostly reading here, rather than posting, but I wanted to introduce myself. Cheers!

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lynn. Good luck with the Quick Silver. Learn the features as quickly as possible and you'll enjoy the hobby more at the beginning. The ID system will help you avoid junk targets, but, until you get good with it, try to dig as many targets as possible to learn how your machine reacts with each type of target.

Last edited:

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want the QuickSilver, check out Walmart online. I got mine there for about $100 and it came with a free pin pointer. They both work great!

OP
OP
Lynn Wilson

Lynn Wilson

Nov 12, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, 68K! I found that combination metal detector / pin pointer on Amazon. I made sure Santa saw the combo, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread