Bounty hunter quick draw II or quick silver?

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys I was looking to up in the world of metal detecting. I did a lot of research. And I'm stuck between bounty hunter quick silver and quick draw II. Please tell what your vote is the quick silver or quick draw II I like the bouncer hunter quicksilver but I'm not sure. So reply and tell me what you think!! I want to get a new detector for spring and summer coming up soon!!!! :) thanks ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetiics Eurotek Pro , Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another option will be the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. You can go to Hobby Lobby website and use their 40% coupon at the nearest store and get one for around $75. Great detector for the money.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another option will be the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. You can go to Hobby Lobby website and use their 40% coupon at the nearest store and get one for around $75. Great detector for the money.

I was thinking about a traker iv but I'm not sure what's the depth range on it? I really want the bounty hunter silver or tracker iv but I not sure keep in mind that I already own a bounty hunter junior :)

tbh

Aug 16, 2013
I use the quick draw ll it's great machine and a coin magnet. Dug depths at 9 inches with a strong signal. Easy to operate and learn.

65chevy

Aug 3, 2013
I've used both. But my son has the tracker IV and does good. I would go with the tracker IV it has pretty good depth. And dependable durable machine. Good luck H.H.

GOD BLESS!!!!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up getting the bounty hunter tracker iv thanks everybody!!! :)

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up getting the bounty hunter tracker iv thanks everybody!!! :)

I think you made a good choice! I had a BH IV for a long time, and found tons of coins and some gold jewelry. For the money, a very good detector! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you made a good choice! I had a BH IV for a long time, and found tons of coins and some gold jewelry. For the money, a very good detector! :icon_thumleft:

That's very good to know! I now know not to give up on finding the gold! Do you know how far the tracker iv can detect up to?

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's very good to know! I now know not to give up on finding the gold! Do you know how far the tracker iv can detect up to?

A lot depends on ground conditions, mineralization, wet or dry, how long the item has been buried, etc. I could get dimes at six inches if conditions were good, and it's a nickel-magnet! If you're fairly new to detecting, you'll soon find that most coins and jewelry items are in the top four inches of soil, unless you're searching a very old area or looking for old relics. For the average detectorist, depth is a bit overrated. But be prepared, it will also find EVERY pull-tab in the surrounding counties! But that's not a bad thing, as it will also find every gold ring you get the coil over. I liked it well enough, I bought one for my mother.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A lot depends on ground conditions, mineralization, wet or dry, how long the item has been buried, etc. I could get dimes at six inches if conditions were good, and it's a nickel-magnet! If you're fairly new to detecting, you'll soon find that most coins and jewelry items are in the top four inches of soil, unless you're searching a very old area or looking for old relics. For the average detectorist, depth is a bit overrated. But be prepared, it will also find EVERY pull-tab in the surrounding counties! But that's not a bad thing, as it will also find every gold ring you get the coil over. I liked it well enough, I bought one for my mother.

That sounds really good!! Where do you usually find your gold rings? I usually go to the totlots and parks around my neighborhood

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds really good!! Where do you usually find your gold rings? I usually go to the totlots and parks around my neighborhood

That's exactly where I have found most of mine, also. Soccer fields are a great place, too. Bounty Hunter makes a little 4" coil that is fantastic in trashy parks. Radio Shack used to sell it because their detectors were BH clones. Anything that fits a First Texas Instruments tracker-clone should have the same configuration.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's exactly where I have found most of mine, also. Soccer fields are a great place, too. Bounty Hunter makes a little 4" coil that is fantastic in trashy parks. Radio Shack used to sell it because their detectors were BH clones. Anything that fits a First Texas Instruments tracker-clone should have the same configuration.

Oh cool alright I'll look for the 4 inch cool and what kind of pinpointer do you use? I was going to buy the harbor freights one

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh cool alright I'll look for the 4 inch cool and what kind of pinpointer do you use? I was going to buy the harbor freights one

I've used several different kinds. Now I use a Garrett Pro, kinda pricey but the best I've seen. I think most any would work if it has decent range. But I would recommend the Garrett if you can swing the cost. It'll last a long time and works better than any hand-held pinpointer out there. Beware, you will become totally dependent on a pinpointer. I literally get the shakes when I find myself without mine because I forgot it at home, or I didn't bring an extra battery.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used several different kinds. Now I use a Garrett Pro, kinda pricey but the best I've seen. I think most any would work if it has decent range. But I would recommend the Garrett if you can swing the cost. It'll last a long time and works better than any hand-held pinpointer out there. Beware, you will become totally dependent on a pinpointer. I literally get the shakes when I find myself without mine because I forgot it at home, or I didn't bring an extra battery.[/QUOTE

Lol so a harbor freights is t a good kind?

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and what setting do you keep your bounty hunter tracker iv on? I was thinking to just put it on all metal mode.....

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and what setting do you keep your bounty hunter tracker iv on? I was thinking to just put it on all metal mode.....

That's what I did, and still do with my others. No point in losing a chance at a piece of gold. But you WILL dig a LOT of tabs and garbage! The BH will still show approximately what range your signal is, so you can decide accordingly.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I did, and still do with my others. No point in losing a chance at a piece of gold. But you WILL dig a LOT of tabs and garbage! The BH will still show approximately what range your signal is, so you can decide accordingly.

Okay thank you for the info ;)

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go for the Quick Draw II, for the money, you can't beat it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions