Pro pointer brands

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Garrett Pro pointer and I love it. I got a deal on a bounty hunter point from Kellyco when I bought my at pro. It was only $15 new for the bounty hunter pointer. Does anyone know if it's a good pointer as compared to the Garrett pointer? I know the Garrett pointer works great, I am just wondering how the bounty hunter pointer works?

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine was useless. Your milage may vary.

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the bounty Hunter pin pointer and you have to be almost touching any coin for it to go off

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the bounty Hunter pin pointer and you have to be almost touching any coin for it to go off

Yep. That's what I meant by useless. The Deteknix (and Propointer) are miles ahead of the BH/Fisher PP. FTP is discontinuing that PP, giving them away with packages.

NJSouth

Aug 22, 2014
Vineland NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I JUST got the Bounty Hunter pin pointer today and while I see a lot of complaints, it does only claim detection at 3/4" in the manual. I'll be taking it out later tonight and tomorrow morning. I'm hoping its not that bad.

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I JUST got the Bounty Hunter pin pointer today and while I see a lot of complaints, it does only claim detection at 3/4" in the manual. I'll be taking it out later tonight and tomorrow morning. I'm hoping its not that bad.
, my wife tried hers and it's not as good as the Garrett but I think it's not bad.

NJSouth

Aug 22, 2014
Vineland NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came in from a front yard dig. (Moved into a new house) For what I paid for the Bounty Hunter pin pointer I cannot complain. Worked as advertised and for an amateur like me its just fine. Great starter tool. I was finding nothing but junk steel and old crap in my front yard but its okay as I said before I scrap so its all money. Will post pics when I finish this week. Did come up with a nice two pound brass mailbox slot.
If you're new to the hobby the BH PP is a good start.

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just came in from a front yard dig. (Moved into a new house) For what I paid for the Bounty Hunter pin pointer I cannot complain. Worked as advertised and for an amateur like me its just fine. Great starter tool. I was finding nothing but junk steel and old crap in my front yard but its okay as I said before I scrap so its all money. Will post pics when I finish this week. Did come up with a nice two pound brass mailbox slot. If you're new to the hobby the BH PP is a good start.
cool, my wife will be glad the BH works good

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the BH and Fisher PP (one came with the a BH detector and one came with the Fisher F2). I also have a Garrett ProPointer. Obviously, the Garrett is much better in terms of finding something quickly. For the other two, one has a range of about 1.25 inches and the other, about an inch. I have heard that you can tweak them a little bit if you open them up... I've never investigated that claim. They are designed to use just the very tip of the probe to pin-point. The Garrett uses the full length above the button.

Jan 3, 2014
Mount Shasta, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been thru all of them. I am now sold on the Vibra Probe after a solid year of use. Waterproof, no buttons and silent while in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions