Why is this specific forum so dead ?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
easy lots of big money type owners but I can do alot with my quick draw II they might get me a bit a depth thats true but up to 6-8 in on coins / silver / gold and up to 2 1/2 to 3 feet on bigger iron type relics is about all I'm in shape to dig for these days and thats if I take my time. Ivan

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
I used my 3300 today in my front yard and a small park next to my house. I only found .68 cents but I did get a 1941 wheatie at 6 inches deep. I got my 3300 last year at the 112.00 price, I couldn't see spending 50-90 dollars on a pinpointer for a 112 dollar detector. I made my pinpointer out of a 15.99 stud finder and my digger is a 4.99 planter. I have have found enought clad to almost pay for my all my metal detector stuff. I have found a total of 22 silver coins but no silver dollars and only 5 halfs. I have gotten 6-8 pieces of junk jewery, 2 nice silver rings, and one small 18k gold earing. The gold earing only reads as iron 3 on my 3300 I have no idea what the target ID would be for a gold coin. I was lucky the earing was next to a wheatie when I found it. I have found a number of keys,padlocks, metal toys, buttons.

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You think the Titan3000 is any different internally(improved) than a BH3300 or is it just a cosmetic difference? I really shouldn't worry about it now but it makes me wonder. I originally ordered a Fisher 1236 x2 from Kellyco but the were back ordered. I let the guy talk me into the 3000xd without me doing more homework on the machine.
I do like the 5 year warranty and thus far am happy with the results though I haven't had enough experience yet to tell if it is better than my Garrett Ace250.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Montana Jim said:
Were too busy finding stuff to sit and chat about the millions of settings needed to operate the others...

Now Jim you know that isnt true. We hi ind users are gust two darn smart two use such a simpol mashine. ;D

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Hey Captain, the F4 is coming out on the 15th from what I heard. I had thr Titan3000, no different then the 3300. But the new F4 looked to be a inproved version of the 3300/3000. I think I might have gone that way for the same price. Wonder why he didn't try talking you into a F4? Think I might ask about it if your hasn't been shipped. If so, you'll still like the Titan.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
CaptainMorgan said:
You think the Titan3000 is any different internally(improved) than a BH3300 or is it just a cosmetic difference?

Same detector, except the housing has a different face plate, and better shaft and elbow rest on the titan. The real difference is the price. A 3300 on ebay can be found for under $200. Titan detectors are the biggest legal rip-off scam I've seen. Imagine paying Kellyco $199 for a Titan 1000? I piad $49 for my BH 1100 on Ebay.....same freaking machine.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
lucky1777 said:
Montana Jim said:
Were too busy finding stuff to sit and chat about the millions of settings needed to operate the others...

Now Jim you know that isnt true. We hi ind users are gust two darn smart two use such a simpol mashine. ;D

LOL... awww man it took long enough for someone to see that! Truth is... I love my BHs. If I spent a ton on a different brand I would love that one too... :)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ok nick am I the only one or have others noted the "name" the kid who hits in big time in the family vaction movie---hanging out with that wize guys and such? wonder what took folks so long to catch on? that been said ---hot areas and bad conditions --you can not manually adjust for them with a ace 250 if you hunt beach or high mineral areas---ouch the machine may not be useible ---the simple tracker IV can be adjusted downward and in most case can be used --you will give up some depth by dailing down things butin life you have to made choices---a totally unusible machine in some areas but works very good in most others --the 250 vs a machine that will work good in most areas and fair in a few the tracker IV--cost say 213 vs 130 ---$83 bucks can buy a lot of extra good stuff

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV I have one too, I like it and my wife got me a fast tracker, now I have to Bounty Hunters MD.

now ihave to get off mu butt and go find stuff

jc from ceres, ca

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The others spent so much for their machines,they don't have any gas money left to go detecting,so here they sit,posting. ;D :D

I have a BH Lonestar and a Discovery 3300.I like both of them.One day when I hit the lottery,i'll buy a big boy's detector so I can get off the porch and hang with them. ;)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Papageorgio said:
My first and only detector so far is a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV...

It took about a good solid week of use to learn what the machine is telling me...I have no trouble pinpointing my target. It's been a solid 3 months with her and I can pretty much tell you what kind of coin is coming out of the ground. I have only found two pieces of silver and she sang like the fat lady when that happened.

I will admit, I see a lot of Garrett 250 user's finding silver and nothing but praises for them. I would like to buy a backup unit within the next couple of months. I am torn - But most likely I will stick with the Bounty Hunter name...

Nick
Hi Nick....I have had my BH Tracker IV for about 3 years...Got it at a garage sale for $5..Lets just say I paid for that one many times over..lol. I now have an ace 250 and handed the BH down to my son...He is Soph. in college and he is like you...can usually tell me what he is digging by the tone. HH all and still like the BH.

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, i already posted a question here, and didn't get many responses.
yo diggumup, i see you own a lone star me too. what have you found? i have only used mine three times so far. any tips/help that you can offer me?
thx
HH
mike

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 when I retired few years back. Loved it so much I got one for the wife. Plus I still have my very first BH I got back in 1976. Here is what I found in clad coins since I retired. The other pic is coins I found with my BH in my daughters yard last summer. 1926 dime (2) 1942 dimes pennies are 1919 1925 & 1927 Quarter is 1950 Hope you enjoy the pics.

Shane

Attachments

• M.D. coins.jpg
    M.D. coins.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 437
  • Coins found in daughters yard 2007.jpg
    Coins found in daughters yard 2007.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 437
  • M.D. coins.jpg
    M.D. coins.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 435
  • Coins found in daughters yard 2007.jpg
    Coins found in daughters yard 2007.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 427

BigRon

May 22, 2007
Richmond Texas
Detector(s) used
, BH Lone Star, BH Pinpointer, Homebuilt BFO, Index finger
My BH Lone Star is my second BH. The price was right and I had bought several coils from BH so I'll sticx with this brand.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Lets keep this one alive...
I have a BH 505, got it for Christmas this year. My first day I found an 1899 IH in my front yard, deepest I have found is a quarter at 8". At first it read as a dime/quater, depending on which way I was skanning. After about 2" of dirt was removed, it read as a quarter. Also, a lot of people complain about the problems they have in sand...took my 505 to the local beach, already thoroughly hit by numerous hunters, and still found approx $3.50 in clad, a junk toe ring, a spoon and a large toy motorcycle, not to mention about 1 million bobby pins and bread ties. Great machine...found a bunch more, let me know if you want to see pics (don't want to take the time if noone comes on here).

~Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread