Last edited:

robs

Sep 20, 2014
Cormorant, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic, Tesoro silver umax, Fisher F2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yea, by the way, I already cobbed you VDI number list Greaser.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the LRP as chatty as the fisher F 70 & F75 ..

It is sensitive enough to be chatty in certain circumstances. Running at 10 sensitivity causes me some chatting at the local park I usually hunt in town. I have to turn the sense down to 8. Yet the depth is quite good, around 8" on coins. At my home in the country, I can crank it to 10 and it's quiet.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Greaser. I live in the Cormorant lakes area. About 30 minutes west of Detroit Lakes. I am anxious to air test it and will post my findings, since winter is going to be here for 5 more months. Gotta love Minnesota, uffda!

Hmmm you may be thawed out before me can I come down and do some dirt fishing when the frost goes out?

Oh yea, by the way, I already cobbed you VDI number list Greaser.

Thats good glad I could help.

robs

Sep 20, 2014
Cormorant, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LRP was home waiting for me! Cool. Initial thoughts are the control box is smaller than I thought it would be, but yet big enough. I like the tones better than my F2 and the volume control because I think the F2 is a little loud at times. The tones on the F2 are a little too sharp for my ears especially in trashy areas. I have not had it outside yet, maybe this weekend, but with 2 inches of snow I won't be finding much. Hey Greaser, I thought of switching handles too. We might be from the same tribe in Norway or something, lol.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol could be. With the warm weather we have coming we may be able to get out for a while the next couple weeks.

robs

Sep 20, 2014
Cormorant, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had my LRP (lurp) out the other. Ground is froze, so no digging, but did pin point something small at 8 inches. So that was good. Can't wait for spring.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I have been thinking of going out and marking targets for this spring. Its supposed to be 40 deg up here soon for a couple days I may go play.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far. this weather has been rough for the mid Appalachians. Wife and I are trying to get a trip to Daytona lined up in March. I heard from a few others that the LRP is pretty darn good on the salt water beach.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant wait to hear the results Phan.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a Land Ranger Pro yesterday at he beach for the first time, i was using my CZ-20. Pretty nice looking detector, the guy was nice enough to let me borrow it, dug a 9 " hole, threw in a dime, and it sounded off no problem. Sensitivity was at 10, sweet machine, might finally get one so it can ride in my trunk . Reminds me of my Delta quite a bit.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is much more like the Teks than previous Bounty Hunters. Like a big brother of the Eurotek Pro.

longracing25

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought i was done with Bounty Hunter after my Pioneer 202 went south last summer. Was going to upgrade to a much better detector than Bounty Hunter cheap stuff. I just saw (Feb 2015) the new Land Ranger Pro,...and HOLY COW!!! They finally decided to make a better pro line with the modern bells and whistles....AWESOME. I just ordered mine,...some place had it as high as $440, Walmart.com had it for $287. I found it for $251 PLUS free shipping. It should be here within 1-2 weeks. Soooo excited,.... go away stupid snow!. I'll trow coins in it to practice...lol

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you've been reading my posts, you can see I'm sold on them. I was never a fan of the 6.6 khz muffler on a stick style. But the new Pro line is being brought to you by the same guys who engineered the Tek Greek series. I will say that they are built a little "cheaper" than the Teks, but the action, depth and bells and whistles are all there. As a matter of fact, you have more customizations on the LRP than most of the Greeks or any detector for that matter. You can adjust the width of the notch and it can run up and down the arc with no regards to segments. Where most notch out segments, you can notch partial segments, zeroing in on specific numbers even if they straddled two segments on other detectors. You can adjust where you want the low tone to end with V-Break. It uses 1 9v battery. It has memory. It air tests quarters to a true 10". It has extremely fast recovery. In disc modes 2,3 and 4, if you hold the mode button down, it goes into AM for as long as you hold it down. Release it and you're back in the disc mode again. It's light, like the Tesoro umax. You can Ground Grab in disc 2,3,4 and AM, or manual ground balance in AM and it carries to disc 2,3 and 4.

I haven't seen anything for under $300 that even comes close. Or even $400. $500.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've been reading my posts, you can see I'm sold on them. I was never a fan of the 6.6 khz muffler on a stick style. But the new Pro line is being brought to you by the same guys who engineered the Tek Greek series. I will say that they are built a little "cheaper" than the Teks, but the action, depth and bells and whistles are all there. As a matter of fact, you have more customizations on the LRP than most of the Greeks or any detector for that matter. You can adjust the width of the notch and it can run up and down the arc with no regards to segments. Where most notch out segments, you can notch partial segments, zeroing in on specific numbers even if they straddled two segments on other detectors. You can adjust where you want the low tone to end with V-Break. It uses 1 9v battery. It has memory. It air tests quarters to a true 10". It has extremely fast recovery. In disc modes 2,3 and 4, if you hold the mode button down, it goes into AM for as long as you hold it down. Release it and you're back in the disc mode again. It's light, like the Tesoro umax. You can Ground Grab in disc 2,3,4 and AM, or manual ground balance in AM and it carries to disc 2,3 and 4.

I haven't seen anything for under $300 that even comes close. Or even $400. $500.

When you lay it all out like that, it does sound like a sweet machine. First Texas machines in general are light & easy to swing. The Tek greek series are very nice looking machines, nice easy to read display. I am sure the BH is very close performance wise as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you lay it all out like that, it does sound like a sweet machine. First Texas machines in general are light & easy to swing. The Tek greek series are very nice looking machines, nice easy to read display. I am sure the BH is very close performance wise as well.

One thing I am trying to understand, is why the silver section locks on to targets, but the gold area moves around the arc so much. IN detectingMO's youtube video, he says he had a problem locking on to nickels and that nickels would bounce all over the range. I went out today just to try and dig the gold area (Iron to Silver). Every nickel lock was junk. Every zinc was a penny. While the LRP hits great on silver, the gold area leaves a lot to be desired, at least at this point. My F2 hits nickels great. I found a gold ring at a nickel hit. The LRP seems to not be able to make up it's mind in the gold range. I know that the gold range has the most trash, but I couldn't even get the LRP to lock onto a pull tab as a pulltab. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or a software problem. Using mode 4, no disc or notch.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Phantasman I was ready to buy this detector until I seen your last post I'll wait for an update

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I am trying to understand, is why the silver section locks on to targets, but the gold area moves around the arc so much. IN detectingMO's youtube video, he says he had a problem locking on to nickels and that nickels would bounce all over the range. I went out today just to try and dig the gold area (Iron to Silver). Every nickel lock was junk. Every zinc was a penny. While the LRP hits great on silver, the gold area leaves a lot to be desired, at least at this point. My F2 hits nickels great. I found a gold ring at a nickel hit. The LRP seems to not be able to make up it's mind in the gold range. I know that the gold range has the most trash, but I couldn't even get the LRP to lock onto a pull tab as a pulltab. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or a software problem. Using mode 4, no disc or notch.

Yes that is strange. My F2 is the same way; nickels lock onto 1-2 numbers, sometimes moving 1 more number. The frequency of the LRP is same as the Gamma, I believe 7.8 khz? Weird as the F2 being a lower frequency, you would think the LRP being 7.8 khz would be at least as good in the nickel/gold range. I have seen a small nugget (1/10 gram) that the Gamma/Omega hit on (in air) at approx. 4.5" according to the poster. Of course TID accuracy would not be a factor for natural gold nuggets, because you will dig every signal anyway. Hope you figure it out. Good luck.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been detecting since that last post. Also, the park I usually go to was having hay sprinkled on it, so I went over by some park bathrooms. Maybe there weren't any nickels there. But when I take the F2 out, I always find a few. I may take the Quick Draw Pro back to that same place and see how it does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread