Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one. Good choice. It actually out performs my Fisher F2. Great lock on abilities, great depth, super fast recovery rate. And with the 10" coil it is lighter and can be swung all day without fatigue. My LRP isn't as impressive detecting as the QDP. For the price (as low as $175) nothing can touch it.

I wouldn't disc out anything but iron, turn the sense up as high as you can without chatter and hunt. Mine air tests quarters to 9", though in the ground probably 7-8", deeper than the 6" of my F2. Plus the display is nice and big for such a light detector.

OP
OP
El_Viejon

El_Viejon

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2015
Soy Mexicano Cabron!!!
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one. Good choice. It actually out performs my Fisher F2. Great lock on abilities, great depth, super fast recovery rate. And with the 10" coil it is lighter and can be swung all day without fatigue. My LRP isn't as impressive detecting as the QDP. For the price (as low as $175) nothing can touch it.

I wouldn't disc out anything but iron, turn the sense up as high as you can without chatter and hunt. Mine air tests quarters to 9", though in the ground probably 7-8", deeper than the 6" of my F2. Plus the display is nice and big for such a light detector.

Thanks Phantasman for the info of this device. I was planning in getting a F2 or the QDP, I'm glad I decided for the QDP, can't wait for it to arrive I paid $115 shipping included, so I guess it was a good deal.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW. $115? It lists for $299. I didn't think FTP sold that low to dealers. Is it used? Either way, good deal.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know how you like it.

OP
OP
El_Viejon

El_Viejon

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2015
Soy Mexicano Cabron!!!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how you like it.

Couldn't go out yesterday but went out today to the municipal pool area. Got me two dollars and some change in a two hour hunt. Got me a bullet, a button, a key, and some kind of a pin for caps. Overall, its a good machine. Lightweight, good depth, good sensitivity, and accurate pinpoint. I didn't like the fact of not being able to notch out the iron nor being able to notch the foil,aluminum,and zinc whilenleaving the nickel either. Other than that it works great.

Attachments

• 1430695675454.jpg
    1430695675454.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 71
  • 1430695692740.jpg
    1430695692740.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 1430695708000.jpg
    1430695708000.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 1430695718920.jpg
    1430695718920.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 99

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should be able to set the menu to "disc", hit the + button 2 times and take out "iron" and "foil". Then go down to "notch", hit the + button 4 times and wait for "tabs to disappear. I'd keep zinc in. but if you want it gone, after tabs are notched, hit the + button one more time and zinc should disappear. And even easier way is to go to disc and hit the + five times, discing out the first 5 segments. Then go to notch and hit the + button 3 times, notching nickels back in.

OP
OP
El_Viejon

El_Viejon

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2015
Soy Mexicano Cabron!!!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should be able to set the menu to "disc", hit the + button 2 times and take out "iron" and "foil". Then go down to "notch", hit the + button 4 times and wait for "tabs to disappear. I'd keep zinc in. but if you want it gone, after tabs are notched, hit the + button one more time and zinc should disappear. And even easier way is to go to disc and hit the + five times, discing out the first 5 segments. Then go to notch and hit the + button 3 times, notching nickels back in.

Awesome.....I just disc out all trash and left nickel,zinc, and all goodies. I'll probably put in foil also since I've heard some gold fall in that category.....thanks ....came with no manual.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread