Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Learning it's language. Went out today and had a better experience. It does take a little time. But once enough time is spent, it starts to produce. I can just about spot a pull tab every time. Some hit a constant 36 with a 37 in there. Some hit 36 2 out of 5 times with higher and lower hits the other 3. Coins and jewelry doesn't move around as much, especially silver. The LRP doesn't hit hard on iron like some detectors, but moves to the opposite side and hits silver hard. Perfect for coins/jewelry and not as much for relics.

I've found that 9 is a perfect sensitivity setting. I hunt in mode 4, nothing disced. The more I use the LRP, the more I'm getting used to it and liking it.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can tell you really love your LRP!!

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do, my friend. I have my previous listed. Is it perfect? Nope. It just does everything I want out of a detector. For many years the F5 was my joy. The LRP is like an automatic F5 with memory, yet lighter, and with more functions for my style of hunting (V-Break and notch width) for Coins and Jewelry.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do, my friend. I have my previous listed. Is it perfect? Nope. It just does everything I want out of a detector. For many years the F5 was my joy. The LRP is like an automatic F5 with memory, yet lighter, and with more functions for my style of hunting (V-Break and notch width) for Coins and Jewelry.

I can tell you do because I've read many of your posts, particularly in the Bounty Hunter forum.
The new pro series look really nice and I've heard many good things. They've really stepped up their game and I'm glad to see it. Maybe people will finally stop denigrating the brand now.

I started with BH machines and I think I'll stick with First Texas. It's only gonna' get better from here.

But it is great to find a machine that is exactly what you want for your particular hunting style. It doesn't matter one iota what anyone else thinks.

I feel exactly the same way about my Delta. I've been obnoxiously bragging it up here at T'Net since the day I got it. You'd think I was the only guy in the world who had one. I may get something "better" at some point but I'll always love that machine regardless.

I had every intention of a serious upgrade for this year but now I think I'll just see how it goes for a while because like you, my machine does exactly what I want it to do for me personally and does it well. It finds treasure and locates deep targets. That's what I wanted from the start.

And if it ain't broke........

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Btw, the reviews on the LRP are phenomenal. It looks like a really nice machine and you can't beat the price. I'd like to try one at some point.

My main complaint with my earlier model BH machines was always depth. I always felt that I was missing deeper targets and later found out for certain that I was when I went back and hit my spots with a better machine.

I'm hearing that the new ones have really great depth. It was really time for a positive change anyway.

OP
OP
Phantasman

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Delta seems like a nice machine. You don't see many for resale. I see plenty of AT Pros, Deux, V3i, ctx3030 etc. for sale all the time. Usually means for the money spent, it should have done more. Many times the seller says "used less than X times or X hours". I can understand paying more for water detectors. But many just look for that "cutting edge" that offers more.......something, maybe depth. After all the hoopla dies down, it comes down to what you enjoy and what machine works to make you happy. Some are never happy. All you have to hear is the famous line "I had one years ago and wish I hadn't sold/traded it" to realize that many chase rainbows. While they buy and sell expensive machines, my LRP and your Delta are removing our share of treasure.

It feels good to be the tortoise:hello:.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While they buy and sell expensive machines, my LRP and your Delta are removing our share of treasure.

It feels good to be the tortoise:hello:.

True indeed.

I found some really nice rings, including an 18K gold pinky ring and a 14K diamond/sapphire ring; immediately after getting my Delta in spots I pounded hard with my BH machines and apparently passed right over.

I have to admit though, my Land Star clone is still a darn good detector. All of them are for what they are but the Delta took me to a whole new level of hunting.
It was great going back and cleaning up what my others missed.

Another one I'd like to try is the BH Platinum. I've heard many good things about that one as well.

But yeah, having a machine that "fits" and knowing you're not passing over targets is a great feeling. I'm amazed at how inexpensive these great machines have become as well.

Although, I saw one site selling the LRP for over 500 bucks. I wonder if they're selling many at that price??

Last edited:

robs

Sep 20, 2014
Cormorant, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic, Tesoro silver umax, Fisher F2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an LRP and a F2. Both good machines. The LRP with it's11dd coil seems to be more sensitive and harder to use than the 8 inch coil on the F2. Just today I hit hard on something that jumped all over place like crazy. Turned out to be a melted aluminium can. The F2 did not go nearly as crazy on the same target. But, now i know what a melted beer can shows up as. I usually run my LRP at about 6-7, 8 at the most, on the sensitivity. Power lines nearby. I would be curious as to how the 10 inch elliptical performs vs the 11dd on the LRP. I'm guessing that the $250 i paid would not have bought a better detector. I doubt if double the money would have mattered. Keep swinging and digging!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread