Land Ranger Pro depth video....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was just re-watching some LRP videos last night and I decided to fully watch (not skim) an overseas video that I assume is French....not sure.

Anyways, it shows the LRP hitting a coin at 28-30 CM in all metal mode. It is about the 2:40 mark. Being the idiot I am I had to go grab a ruler to convert centimeters to inches. Seems 30cm is right at a 12 inches. Blows my mind a $275 detector can hit that coin a foot deep. Just about the limit I would want to dig anyways....maybe even too far. Usually after 8 or so I'm like meh....gotta be a can.

Right now I am in a mental battle with the LRP and the +$100 TreasurePro from Whites. I realize depth is not everything but I wonder if the TP could hit that coin at 30cm?

Thought it was a pretty cool vid...neat test box. Not sure of how "accurate" or viable a test like this is. Seems legit but WTH do I know....

https://youtu.be/x0Fs33ZEFhE

Edit: After looking at this channel I see he does tons of detectors. Even has the QDP and the LSP. He has the CoinMaster Pro...but no TreasurePro unfortunately. Perhaps similar?

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carolina Coin Hunter has a good video on youtube about the TreasurePro. Part 1 is it's abilities and options and Part 2 is a hunt.

From what I see, I like the TreasurePro for the price. Advantage for the TP is coil selection (uses Coinmaster coils), a back light, beach mode. It does have notching by half segments, giving 16 choices, better than most detectors but not as precise as the LRP. It does have tone advantage over the LRP, if that is a must have. I had the CoinGt with different tones and 8 tones drove me nuts. Some may like it. It has 4 as well, which is comfortable for me. Whites VCO is too whiney for me. A close target gives me a shrill like a woman screaming. It has a threshold sound as well. People wait for the sound to change. I personally like the AM to be silent and break the silence with the slightest sound. Personal preference.

The TP has it's advantages over the LRP, but it is more in competition with the F44 that shares the same price. I couldn't fault anyone who pays the extra $100 for the TreasurePro. It looks like a lot of the best of Whites in an affordable package. If it's anything like most Whites, the depth shouldn't disappoint. It is heavier than the LRP by not a whole lot. Whites finally learned how to make their machines work with 2 batteries.

Either choice appears to be a good one.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out this video. Remember, the 30 on the stick is 11.81 inches. And this is through the ground on all three BH Pros. I don't see him GB the LRP after turning it on and it's in Artifact mode (disc).

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty awesome vid. The depth and options on these are amazing. Wife said she will be giving me the green light in another week or so. Will probably spend a day or two just air testing and fooling around with settings before I even take it outside.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just received my LRP a couple weeks ago. The F75LTDSE is my main detector, but I have been playing around with the LRP and have been enjoying myself. This high end Bounty Hunter Detector is a great machine for the price and very light weight. It has many of the bells and whistles that more expensive detectors come with. Two of the my favorite's are (1) the VDI functions in All Metal Mode & (2) the ground grab feature. The F4 I used last season could be GB'd manually in all metal mode only, the disc mode had a preset GB and the VDI did not function in All Metal mode. The F4 is more expensive and is considered a mid level detector. My LRP came with the DD Coil.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Edit: After looking at this channel I see he does tons of detectors. Even has the QDP and the LSP. He has the CoinMaster Pro...but no TreasurePro unfortunately. Perhaps similar?

I just watched many of the video's today. You can actually just click at the end of the video of each detector to see the score card.

Only two leave the LRP behind. The XP and the F75. Even the Fors Core isn't a whole lot better. The rest, either the LRP bests or matches, including the AT Pro and the Fisher Gold Bug Pro. Check out how the Quick Draw Pro competes with the ACEs, Coinmaster Pro and F2. Impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw628lvEz4-yBsozovNw0Q/videos

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread