Land Ranger Pro - Pinpointing

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no issues with mine if held very firmly down. Light presses will error for me.

I have heard of a few people complain about it not working correctly and sending it back to Bounty Hunter for a replacement on the membrane switch. Not worth it for me as of yet.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pinpoint button on the monoplane face is quite touchy and doesn't take much to disengage. What has helped in the past is to buy stick on door pads small enough to place on the membrane just above the button. Here's a pic of what they look like with four clear ones on a sticky sheet. Just peel off an apply.

dlawlesshardware_2268_222425281.jpg

About a buck at WalMart. They should be the size of the raised membrane and no bigger. Smaller is OK. It makes for a better feel for maintaining proper pressure.

Last edited:

PaJim

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Whites coinmaster

Garret AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happens with mine... I don't like using the pinpoint features anyways, but I do have to press hard to keep it engaged. Worst part of this detector, other than that, I'm loving it!

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the same issue. I will have to try the rubber pads, thanks for the tip Phantasman:icon_thumright:

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pads really help.

I picked up some assorted pads or bumpers as the package says. They really help out.

image3%201_zpsukpzhwcq.jpg

Before I stuck one on, I used the handle of a small screw driver to see just how big the membrane switch really is. It seems to be about the size of the PP graphic and not the button outline. The sweet spot on mine is at the bottom of the PP graphic.

image1_zpsjaqmkekp.jpg

image2%201_zpsevh2ks7u.jpg

OP
OP
Skrimps

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
LandRangerPro, Minelab GF40, Land or Sea Pinpointer, Truper Short Shovel, Harbor Freight Detector & Pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips.

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
video

I think it works really well. I pinpointed at least 7-8 targets on a quick thirty minute hunt today. No problems whatsoever.

OP
OP
Skrimps

Skrimps

Feb 3, 2016
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I def gonna try out the "bumper" mod. (And probably the bluetooth, too) Thanks.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're doing some great video's on LRP tips and tricks, Joel. Saw your Intro. So you're my go to guy when I have problems like I did in Borderlands 2, Skyrim and Fallout 3? Waiting for the right time to get either a PS4 or XBox One.

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're doing some great video's on LRP tips and tricks, Joel. Saw your Intro. So you're my go to guy when I have problems like I did in Borderlands 2, Skyrim and Fallout 3? Waiting for the right time to get either a PS4 or XBox One.

Thank you. I haven't played those games. Although I did get Skyrim for the wife, not sure how much she has played that. Currently into Star Trek Online, Diablo 3, World of Warships, Space and Medieval Engineers, Robocraft, Call of Duty and more but all PC is what I play now until they release a Diggers game.

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pinpoint button started giving me issues again with the button still attached and it hasn't moved on the face. If I had bought this unit used, I would wire a small toggle switch for the pin point button.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the same issue with My Eurotek Pro. If don't plant my thumb on it hard enough it shuts off.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FTP needs to study Minelabs monoplane face.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FTP needs to study Minelabs monoplane face.

It is definitely a company wide issue. The wife's Gold Bug has the same issue when using the + or - on the disc.

I'll take those F5 knobs over flat buttons any day. If it has to be a button...make it like the Garrett buttons on the AT and Ace. Even a hard plastic button like on video game controller would work 10X better.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though I have a detector that can pin point, I normally swing over the target in 2 directions (X marks the spot). You check the target VDI from 2 angles to verify and you know where the target it. The pin pointing function gives me valuable target depth data.

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A pin point trigger like on White's is pretty sweet.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A pin point trigger like on White's is pretty sweet.

My F75 has on similar to a white's, at least the "Classic ID II" pin point toggle switch. The button ones are Okay and I like the idea of the clear rubber stick on piece. I bet that decreases the errors on the BH LRP.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a method where, when I get a good hit, I walk around it swinging at all directions. With that method, I can see if the numerics are stable as well as see the location within a 2" area, I don't even use the PP button much, as the depth thing really isn't accurate. If the XPointer doesn't sound off on the spot, then it's more than 2" deep.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should've tried the toggle switch before selling mine off. I had already committed to selling it cheap when I saw the toggle mod in another thread. Nobody should have to do what we've done just to use a feature though. It's kind of silly when you think about it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread