Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A MDing buddy stopped by and brought a coil for me to try out. He said it was an extra that he bought for his Tracker IV.

4%20in%20coil_zpsq0q2mpjx.jpg

He wasn't sure if it would work with my Land Ranger Pro but he brought it by anyway. I also have a Pioneer EX which should be compatible with this coil, the 6.6 kHz vs. 7.69 kHz issue. I decided to do some air tests with the Pioneer's stock 8" coil and the 4" against the LRP's 11" DD and the 4". I also noted the TID #'s on each coil also with the LRP. Both detectors in all metal modes.

AIR%20TESTS_zpsywvdzjdn.jpg

Might get some testing in a real trashy spot tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N5XTR

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 4" coil lets me get within 6" of the backstop at the baseball field before it sounds off on it. Depth seems pretty limited to about 3" but all targets were trash with the exception of a copper penny. I will try it out more at a site that might yield better targets. This site was like a hundred beer cans had a medieval reenactment of the Army of Darkness castle seige.

OldsArmyOfDarkness.jpg

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better results than the newer $30 4 inch coil Bounty Hunter sells for the 6.6khz machines. No sticker on that one...just plain black. It maxed out at 4 inches and the ID readings were spread more than what you show here if my memory serves me right.

Sold it with the SharpShooter 2 so can't re-test.

Good stuff man.

OP
OP
N5XTR

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better results than the newer $30 4 inch coil Bounty Hunter sells for the 6.6khz machines. No sticker on that one...just plain black. It maxed out at 4 inches and the ID readings were spread more than what you show here if my memory serves me right.

Sold it with the SharpShooter 2 so can't re-test.

Good stuff man.

I see that coil now sells for $28 on Amazon. I have been eyeballing it but would rather have a Cors Shrew or 5"dd from an F5. The NEL Snake looks pretty good also.

Video is uploading and I'll add it when completed.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 4" BH coils are concentric and OK for surface hunting trashy areas. Most get 3-4" when used on 7.xx khz machines.

That said, the 5" DD with windings matching the 7.69 khz machines are showing 8-9" depth with faster recovery and pinpoint ID over the 4".

It's all in what you want to invest and the performance you desire.

The video was spot on for those who want to use the LRP for trash at a reduced depth as well as unbelievably reduced cost. Just another advantage of the LRPs abilities.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For $30 it's a no brainer if you have the older 6.6khz machines. If I did not already have the 5in DD made for the F5 I'd be tempted to buy it for the LRP...TID and depth be damned. 4 inches in trashy parks or sports bleacher areas in pretty good and I really liked it on the SS2.

What I REALLY want is that 4in "Ultra" coil made for the Teknetics they sold at Cabelas. 7.69 khz and a perfect match for the LRP. I have only seen it once for sale on Ebay and it was gone before I could grab it.

taterbill

Greenie
Apr 3, 2015
I bought the ultra4 coil at FirstTexas when I was passing thru, in mid-march . I talked to Juan in customer service, asked him if I could get the ultra 4 coil, not the 4" gold coil, for my LRP. He came back in a few minutes with the ultra 4 coil..... $39.99 plus tax. (He didn't seem to know exactly what I wanted, but after checking "out back", came with the correct one.) So....they have them!
taterbill

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the ID on a dime and quarter taterbill? Same as the 11DD?

If they offer the 7.69khz one for $40 I'll drive to Texas and get it.

taterbill

Greenie
Apr 3, 2015
Did some quick air testing...11"dd: cladquarter=74, claddime=65.
Ultra4" : cladquarter= 71/72, claddime = 63.
F5 5" w/ push-on connector : cladquarter=75, claddime= 65
An interesting note....on my receipt from Firsttexas, the ultra4 coil is described as a "4COILPRO"...which in the newer LRP owners guide is listed as a 4" concentric coil accessory ! It may have 2 names.
taterbill

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 2 separate 4 inch coils....

One for the older 6.6khz machines that is normally $30 on Amazon (not sure of vendor prices)....this is also compatible with the F2 and the F4. This is the "Magnum" version.

The other is tailored to the newer 7.69 machines which includes the Teknetics Greek series....Bounty Hunter Pro series....and the Fisher F5. Was sold at Cabelas on a Teknetics Delta or Gamma...and had a blue sticker on it if my memory serves me right. This is the "Ultra" or "Pro" coil I want to say...but not 100% on those names.

It is the 2nd coil I am interested in and have only seen it once from a guy that took it off the Teknetics and sold it. As far as I know First Texas does not market it anywhere.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the 4 inch "Ultra" that is made for the 7.69khz machines. Blue sticker like I remember seeing on Ebay. Thank you to taterbill for sending it for review and testing. According to info he sent my way...this coil was only offered at Cabelas on the Treasure Tek Elite by Teknetics and also the Treasure Hunter Elite from Bounty Hunter. Doing a Google search shows the 11dd and the 4in Ultra come with each. So that corrects the info in my above post where I said it was possibly the Delta/Gamma that had it at Cabelas.

Almost everything ID's about 3 lower on the ID compared to the 11DD. AM air testing seems to be in the 6-7 range on a quarter.

20160526_144858.jpg

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHunter GT, One could possibly come out money-wise by purchasing that 2 coil deal and re-sell the machine with the large coil only and keep the 4" for their LRP. Just a thought.
I'm anxious to read about your test results of the 4", especially in your highly mineralised (sp) soil.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions