The 7.69khz Ultra-4 Coil Review (video)

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big thanks to taterbill for sending me this little 4" coil to review. Fun coil...even lighter than the 5" DD which is pretty darn light.

Air tests are pretty decent and of course my terrible soil kills it like always. Quarter at 3 inches is ID solid...4 is not. So I would expect 4-5 inches with good ID in better soil.

For $40 direct from First Texas...a "should buy" if you have a push-in coil 7.69khz Bounty Hunter or Teknetics machine.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool video THGT, I like all your review and Metal detecting videos.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks my friend...I appreciate that. I love making these videos. Could not stop now if I tried.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another excellent video. Informative. Gotta love that LRP AM mode.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your testing VIDS keep getting better and better. Thanks I'm convinced that my GA soil isn't much, if any, different from yours as far as aggravation to coils goes. When I get my LRP I should be satisfied with the larger DD coil--------at least for a while.:notworthy:
Thanks again for the tremendous effort.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:
Marvin

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that the ultra-4 is a should buy for the Pro models. I have to admit that I get happy when I see a new video posted to your channel.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys...you guys are awesome and why I make videos in the first place. I really appreciate the kind words.

Got some other rad news....bowwinkles is sending me the F44 for 1-2 weeks...it will be here Monday. So keep an eye out for those hunts and review in the Fisher section. :notworthy: :headbang: Thank you so much to him...what a nice guy he and taterbill are for sending me stuff like this to try out and report back on. Crazy nice dudes.

In OTHER rad news...the LRP has been sold to a new detecting pal I made. He was VERY happy to have it and plans on taking it all over the country on trips here and there...he travels quite a bit. We plan on doing a few hunts together in the future. He knew who I was on Youtube and was pretty thrilled about it...the wife rolled her eyes just about all the way around.

Thanks Loco-Digger for selling it to me...it made me very happy (until it hit my soil) and it will make my new pal very happy as well. He lives in a much less terrible soil part of Colorado so should have a fair bit of depth with it. New detector should be in my hands by August. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now what is your GO TO detector?
Marvin

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the wife does not go with me it will be the Gold Bug...she is getting a NEL Hunter for it soon to reach a bit deeper than the 5in DD than came with it. So she will be covered on coils for tight spots and open areas.

When she goes with me I just grab my sons Gold Digger...I love it. May be a $60 kids machine...but it has found so much silver range copper that I am confident my son (or I) will hit a silver someday with it. He found a 10k ring the first day out and has recovered over $100 in clad....so paid for itself 2-3X over already.

With bowwinkles sending me the F44 for 2 weeks....that will be the "go to" detector starting Monday. Then after than it should only be another 2-3 weeks until I pull the trigger on my new toy.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the wife does not go with me it will be the Gold Bug...she is getting a NEL Hunter for it soon to reach a bit deeper than the 5in DD than came with it. So she will be covered on coils for tight spots and open areas.

When she goes with me I just grab my sons Gold Digger...I love it. May be a $60 kids machine...but it has found so much silver range copper that I am confident my son (or I) will hit a silver someday with it. He found a 10k ring the first day out and has recovered over $100 in clad....so paid for itself 2-3X over already.

With bowwinkles sending me the F44 for 2 weeks....that will be the "go to" detector starting Monday. Then after than it should only be another 2-3 weeks until I pull the trigger on my new toy.

I'll be interested to see how the F44 compares to the LRP in your soil, John. Do you have any idea what your "new toy" will be?

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be interested to see how the F44 compares to the LRP in your soil, John. Do you have any idea what your "new toy" will be?

I'm pretty excited to test the F44 out. Being the same Frat Bros process I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular..but I'm looking forward to it all the same. It will fill the gap the LRP left until I buy the new one.

As far as the new one...I really like the T2 at $499. Seems like everybody raves about the price to performance ratio on it...similar to the LRP. Been enjoying the relic hunting more and more lately and that thing is supposed to see through bad soil pretty decently from what I read here and there. Plus the ID is the same as the Gold Bug which is great if the wife wants to use it.

I really like the Xterra 705 as well...the whole 3 frequency change by swapping coils is neat IMO.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw on another forum the news that Teknetics is currently offering the Omega 8000 for $375 and the G2 for $460.

These are one-time, closeout prices and are way below minimum advertised price.

can't post a link here, but PM for details.

Rick Kempf

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that as well Rick. Quite a deal on both machines. I really like the 19khz platform (F19/G2/Gold Bug) and a new G2 at $460 is a steal. Not really interested in the Omega other than to try it. Owned the LRP and about to use the F44 as much as I can in the next 2 weeks. Not sure anything else Frat Bros will blow me away and penetrate this crazy soil. Time for a new platform like the T2.

Hopefully this first round of insider dealings goes well and we see a T2 classic even lower at $425. Although that is unlikely since the $499 thing is a limited time offer as it is according to the Teknetics website....and already a great deal.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you decide to jump on the G2 bargain, call Rubi at Teknetics and mention my name to get the closeout price.

Rick Kempf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread