Land Ranger Pro price...

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one and love it. I'm still learning to fine tune it, but so far I like it better than my prior Minelab X-terra 70. I was looking for one on eBay when I found it used but barely touched for $200 and practically right down the road. I asked the guy if he'd take it off and let me buy it privately. I also recently bought a 9-function Harbor Freight detector for $5 on a local Facebook buy, sell, trade page. I have to say that for shallow coin searches (to me, surface to 4") it is amazing. Best $5 I've ever spent. Even at retail ($40-$50) I'd buy it again.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one and love it. I'm still learning to fine tune it, but so far I like it better than my prior Minelab X-terra 70. I was looking for one on eBay when I found it used but barely touched for $200 and practically right down the road. I asked the guy if he'd take it off and let me buy it privately. I also recently bought a 9-function Harbor Freight detector for $5 on a local Facebook buy, sell, trade page. I have to say that for shallow coin searches (to me, surface to 4") it is amazing. Best $5 I've ever spent. Even at retail ($40-$50) I'd buy it again.

Congrats on snagging an LRP for $200. I'd have also bought the $5 detector, ya never know when the neighbor kid or grandchildren stop by and want to go hunting with Pop-Pop.

Last edited:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to keep a Treasure Tracker DX-5000 by 1st Texas around as a secondary, but people would quickly tire of using it with no arm rest and as it became more erratic with age. I've always been a wheeler dealer, so when someone offered me $30 for the tracker I took it and started looking for something else. The HF has been great for this and light digging days. Plus I'm up $25. Same kind of deal with the LRP. When I started seeing the rave reviews (unknown to me at the time, including ones by TheHunterGT on YouTube) I sold off my aging Minelab well above what I paid for the LRP, and I'm happier with the detector itself. I'm fairly new to the hobby, although it's always captured my imagination. I have to admit, the Curse of Oak Island gave me that extra nudge and next thing you know I was trading a generator for a Minelab.

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$243 today

I noticed today the LRP is $243.45 and prime shipping.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife will kill me if I get another detector but I'm so tempted to pick one of these bad boys up?..

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's well worth it. It's my primary detector until I get a good deal on a Fisher F75 SE. That day may be right around the corner. Found a not so gently used model on Craigslist for $395. It hasn't been beat up, just owned by one of those guys that didn't mind scratching and nicking it up a bit.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering though, why the price of the LRP is where it is? Given the performance and the rave reviews, you'd think it would've held pretty close to its MSRP. I certainly wouldn't have ever expected to purchase something like this for a couple hundred dollars.

Hot Rockin

Greenie
Aug 21, 2016
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed today the LRP is $243.45 and prime shipping.

Just placed an order for one tonight.
I did purchase from Amazon because I had 3 gift cards to use.
most often order stuff from Walmart. Walmart is also at the same price as Amazon right now on the LRP.
I like ordering from Walmart because returns can be made at the local store and I can have items shipped to store. no need having a $300 detector sitting on my front step all day when at work.

Hot Rockin

Greenie
Aug 21, 2016
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
☠ Cipher;5094508 said:
I'm wondering though, why the price of the LRP is where it is? Given the performance and the rave reviews, you'd think it would've held pretty close to its MSRP. I certainly wouldn't have ever expected to purchase something like this for a couple hundred dollars.

Ill take a shot at that question.

Being brand new to the hobby. ( I don't have a detector yet. Just order one tonight) I did a ton of reading to find the detector I wanted in my price range.
I got the feeling the Bounty Hunter brand was considered more of a toy. Maybe they are trying to step up their game and get more units in peoples hands.
The Garrett 400 and LRP were the top two on my list. With the edge given to the Garrett. When I saw the lower price on Friday for the LRP I pulled the trigger tonight and made the purchase.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also might make you feel a bit better about your choice that the LRP seemed to outperform the 400 https://youtu.be/qjl4nWivZLU

You might just be on to something with the price drop

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had tons of fun with the Ace 400 and tried to make sure it came across that way in the videos I shot. :thumbsup:

However the LRP is quite a bit better IMO. As mentioned above many think of the old Bounty Hunters and do not give it a fair shake. But the LRP is a different beast altogether and based of the same tried and proven F5 and Teknetics Greek series detectors. Literally the same detectors with different options...tried and proven the world over.

I'm not trying to bash the Ace 400...but it is pretty clear cut in my eyes.

LRP has AM mode...Ace does not.
LRP has manual and quick ground balance...Ace is always set to 82
LRP has 1 by 1 disc/notch adjustments on the 0-99 scale.....Ace has 12 "blocks" set at 8.25 width. (making fine adjustments impossible)
LRP is lighter and less nose heavy...although neither can be considered heavy.
LRP has VCO tone...Ace does not (both have low/mid/high)
LRP has a much easier to read display for people with poor vision

I could go on I suppose....

All that being said...I would see myself grabbing the Ace 400 quite often if I owned one. It has a fun factor I just cannot place my finger on. I absolutely enjoyed my time with it.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever had the chance to use an F-75 (SE)? I have the chance to buy one barely touched for $500. Budget is an issue, so if I'm not going to get a considerable upgrade over my LRP, I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger. I have some people telling me it will be quite a difference, but they also seem to regard the LRP as a side or secondary machine. I'm not sure I'd relegate it to that category myself. But I'm not all that experienced either. I had a Minelab x-terra 70, but I wasn't impressed with it next to my LRP.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you ever had the chance to use an F-75 (SE)? I have the chance to buy one barely touched for $500. Budget is an issue, so if I'm not going to get a considerable upgrade over my LRP, I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger. I have some people telling me it will be quite a difference, but they also seem to regard the LRP as a side or secondary machine. I'm not sure I'd relegate it to that category myself. But I'm not all that experienced either. I had a Minelab x-terra 70, but I wasn't impressed with it next to my LRP.

I upgraded to the F75LTD SE 2 years ago from the F4. Last spring I bought a BH LRP. (Work merit points purchase). It was a blessing to swing (light weight) It was a relief to use after swinging the F75 with the large SEF coil for 4 hours without my harness. The deepest Mode on the LRP is AM (all Metal), It beats disc mode from anywhere between 1-2 inches depending on the target. The F75 SE is a better detector in my opinion. Not only does it have boost mode, but the upgraded models also give you the FA process (Fast Action) and run quieter. I like to hear tones so I run 4H tone, which has nickels ring in as silvers (high tone). I have hunted in Boost Process, to me it increased the amount of falsing, but I probably swing too fast. :dontknow: I mainly use BP to get a better ID on a deep iffy signal.

Good Luck

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not had the chance to try a F75 no. However, I just today bought the T2 classic that is selling for $499 which is "somewhat" similar...got a ridiculous deal on it. T2 is geared towards relics...F75 towards coins. Although they both are a "do it all" type detector that is comfortable no matter where you put them. IMO the $599 F75 that Fisher is selling for their 85th anniversary is a hell of a deal and I would consider is a decent upgrade from a LRP. Same with the $499 T2.

LRP at $245...T2 at $499....F75 at $599...all 3 are crazy good price to performance detectors.

I place the LRP in the 400-500 category as it can easily hang with most detectors in that range in medium to good soil. It is only in very rough soils that the $500-600-700 machines start to shine. So not sure I would place it in a secondary or side machine. Especially for a budget minded person.

Like I mentioned I just pulled the trigger on the T2 classic that is selling for $499. It will outshine the LRP in heavy mineralized soil or iron infested sites. Recovery speed and unmasking is a bit better. But at a park or school on a silver or jewelry hunt...where soil is fairly decent from vegetative growth over the years....the LRP will hang easily.

The Racer 1 at $499 same deal....TreasurePro from Whites at $370....same deal....AT Pro at $575...same deal.....Minelab 705 for $600..same deal.

The LRP will hang will all of them in a coin/jewlery hunt at a park/school. It is only in terrible dirt or a iron infested relic site where the LRP has issues and the machines listed above (and other in that $ range) start to pull away.

Just my opinion...

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess I'm going to go ahead and close the deal if I can. I just have to work out the pickup as its a good stretch away from my neck of the woods. This is the updated f-75 model with boost and cache I believe. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472181164.523037.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472181184.467497.jpg

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really tempted to get one.

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess I'm going to go ahead and close the deal if I can. I just have to work out the pickup as its a good stretch away from my neck of the woods. This is the updated f-75 model with boost and cache I believe. View attachment 1351660 View attachment 1351661

The black shaft model with boost and cache is even better than the gold shaft $599 version. It is sold for like $1000+ at most places. You should not be disappointed at all as it is one of the best detectors on the market. :occasion14:

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a little confused now. And I'm thankful to TheHunterGT for calling my attention to an important detail. The seller is selling the detector depicted as one of the latest Fisher F-75 SE with boost and cache. The one costing over $1,000 new. But it has a gold rod, so now I'm not sure what he's got. Research has confused me more as there are people claiming they have black ones with no boost and cache, and others claiming they have a gold with all the latest processes. Many more claiming there has not been a gold made with the latest processes. The only thing I know at this point is I have to figure it out before I go ahead and get it. The owner knows nothing about metal detecting or detectors. Gave up after two tries. But he swears he just paid over a $1,000 for it. I don't want to shell out $500 for a used $600 model if that's what it is. I can get a better deal than that on a used one.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The black rod is the LTD model like mine The SE means it has boost. Nothing different between the F75 SE and the F75 LTD SE, only the color of the s shaft.

Just turn it on when you go to pick it up and then scroll down and dial through the the Processes. Make sure it has BP mode and you will know it's an SE model

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread