Greenie
Aug 8, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw 2
Cen-Tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. New to this addicting hobby. I picked up a used but like new (only used 2 times in three years) BH Quick Draw II. It was between this one and the Tracker IV on Amazon. Both were the same price and so I went with the QD2 because it was in the advanced section at BH's website. I picked up a HF pinpointer for 15 bucks and will use that for now until hopefully I can afford a better one with found clad. Have not had a chance to go out and use either yet but I am heading to Lake Tahoe this weekend and am planning on trying it out. Will post my results if anyone cares. Hopefully I picked the right MD and any tips and tricks on this unit or on MD in general will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello bmacd88...welcome to TNET and the Bounty Hunter section of the forums. Absolutely post your finds and results...we would love to see them!

The QD2 is very similar to the Sharp Shooter 2. You should have no problem finding coins at 5-6 inches in most soils. I personally loved the auto-notch feature...it works great by eliminating most trash and keeping the coin ranges in. It also has a great motion All-Metal mode which will punch down a little deeper and pick up anything. (hence the all-metal naming) If you want to just disc out iron set the disc at 9-10 o'clock and you should be all set for a relic site.

It is not the fastest on recovery speed, so swing the coil nice and easy. Not too fast and not too slow.

I did a review on the Sharp Shooter 2...they are very similar and it might help a bit. Also if you look back about 9 months or so on the channel you will see some other SS2 live digs that might help. Best of luck with it...any questions just ask.

OP
OP
bmacd88

bmacd88

Greenie
Aug 8, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw 2
Cen-Tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great! Thanks HunterGT! Will check all that out. How bout the 4" and -10" coils? Should I be looking into getting those too or just stick to the basics and learn the 8"? Heard the 4" is much better for eliminating trash. Thanks again!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never owned the 10 inch coil. From what I hear it does not do much if anything to increase depth. It is solely made to increase coverage area "per sweep".

The 4 inch coil is great and only costs $30...so it is a no brainer of a purchase IMO. I did a video on it as well with the Sharp Shooter 2....

Last edited:

UncleTerry

Aug 29, 2016
Moscow, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra-705
Teknetics T2 classic
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck and happy hunting on all your metal detecting adventures.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! Don't let anyone fool you. You can and will find the good stuff with a Bounty hunter. Mine has paid for itself, a Garrett AT pro pointer, and my White's M6 that is on it's way to my door! The QD2 is really hot on dimes.
The 4 inch coil is decent in trashy areas. I never really ended up using mine a whole lot, but I dig trash like it's going out of style. Gotta dig junk to find jewelry!

All in all it's been a good machine to me. The notch feature is pretty cheesy and I would avoid using it all together. Unless a site is driving me nuts with a million trash signals, I run it in all metal mode with disc set at 9:00 and dig all repeatable signals. That's enough to disc out a nail. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread