Reminicing about the Bounty Hunter.

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought my first detector in 1976. It was a Red Baron. I think even back then it was around $250. Do any of you veterans out there know what I'm talking about? I loaned it to my nephew and never saw it again but he used it well for relic hunting. Back then about 5% of the coins I found were silver. (Those were the days! Since getting back into this rewarding hobby 4 years ago I have yet to find a silver.) (With my DFX.)
I'm trying to remember what the Red Baron looked like and how it worked. Does anyone possibly still have one or a pic of it? I'd love to relive some of those hunts!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
K

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, Thanks, but I'm sure mine was a little less sophisticated. Less knobs and operated on one 9v batt.

OP
OP
K

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just thinking. 1976 to 2016. 40 years ago. Wow!

OP
OP
K

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After talking with my nephew, he convince me that it was an RB five indeed. I just didn't remember that many switches and that many batteries. Of course 40 years is a long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions