verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been thoroughly enjoying the LRP. Aside from needing more hunting grounds, I'm interested in taking detecting to the next level.

Ive also been one to accept the limitations of my equipment and at the same time I try to get as much performance out of them as possible.

I've done a bunch of research on the forum here and am I correct in understanding that could are not totally interchangeable between BH models? For example: can I swap the 8" on my Lone Star with the 11" DD on my Land Ranger Pro without any loss of performance? I thought I read that the older line of detectors run on a different frequency than the LRP.

I'm also curious about a 5" DD. I have some areas that are filled with trash and I think the smaller coil will help. Which 5" DD coil would you folks recommend...

I really appreciate and value all of the experience and information that is collected here!!

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Loco! I was killing some time today at work and researching and I Somehow missed this thread.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thread still gives me nightmares..... :censored:

For your LRP...the 5in DD you want will come off of a F5.

Model 5COIL-F5

Make sure it is not the 5COIL-F5F as that is the screw on.

As far as the old vs new....Loco is correct. The older 6.6khz and the newer 7.7khz are not compatible. Although the 8 inch coils look identical....the Lone Star 8inch will not work being 6.6khz...but the Lone Star Pro 8 inch would work being 7.7khz.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Hunter. Why did the 5" coil thread give you nightmares?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me a while to compile that info...and plenty of burnt fingers soldering those connectors.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out the NEL/CORS coils on ebay, some sellers has the connector adapter. So that opens up lots of options for you.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I pulled the trigger on a Cors Shrew a few days ago. It arrived today and my work day couldn't end fast enough. I immediately put the Shrew on the LRP and did some preliminary tests. I've been all over my front and side yards with my Lone Star, but I've always run it in a discrimination mode and never really ran it in all metal. Since I've had my Land Ranger Pro, I've become a big fan of All Metal mode and I've swung it around in my front yard and have managed to pull a few more coins. Tonight I was able to identify a few more targets with the Shrew that I want to dig.

I'll give ya'll an update tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread