LRP price vs other Fisher Labs machines

Dig-Dug's Dad

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2016
Northwest Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, guys.

I was hoping I could get some insight and direction with my purchase decision dilemma. I am more or less stuck on 3 machines for my upgrade from several intro machines, that I've learned on for the last 3 years. I initially had my mind made up on the LRP with the DD coil. This machine is roughly $400, with the DD making up roughly $100 of that. The walmart and amazon ads are a bit hazy, as they show the DD coil but, their price makes me think it's likely the concentric coil and they don't really specify.

The other machines are the Eurotek pro with the DD $299 and the Fisher f44 $350. My main point of confusion is the f44 being priced lower than the lrp w/dd coil. They all have features I like and mandatory features I must have for the types of sites I hunt. I am really under the impression that the LRP is a more powerful machine than the f44. Is it that aside from the f44's weather proofing, it is perhaps an overall sturdier more durably built detector than the LRP but the LRP is packing a little more punch? Their prices being so close to each other seems to imply that the f44 is the inferior of the 2. The eurotek pros price and iron abilities are its strong points for me with it's weakest point being preset ground balance.

I need one of you Fisher guys, without saying any names, to set me straight here. I am losing my mind.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The coil on the F44 is not a DD, it is a new shape called a teardrop but still a concentric....confusion abated on that price thing for now.
Frat boy DD coils do fit on it though, like Omega coils and such, but they cost over $100+.
I also assumed the DD coil came on the LRP in some of those ads, are you trying to say some sellers are not playing fair...the horrors!
Many have bought the LRP for way under $300 from time to time on sale from Wallyworld and other places with the concentric coil so anything closer to the $350-$400 range probably will include a DD.
Don't quote me on that though, never quote me on anything...I am too silly to be deemed quotable.

I am a big Fisher guy but I have never used any of these 3 so no help there.
Not angry, Fred, Jerry, Ebeneezer, Chip...but I do like to throw names out there from time to time as you can see.

Have you considered used?
I see some slightly used concentric coil F44's out there for under $300, LRP's pop up from time to time pretty cheap, I have a friend that sells on and knows EBay really well and just picked up a barely used F70 with a DD coil for about $350, a ridiculously low price for a unit several steps above these entry level models so the deals are out there.

Some BH guys will come on soon and probably tell you where to pick up that LRP at the best price since it is popular...plus you are on the BH forum so those types seem to congregate here for some reason when they are not spending time on donut and cake forums, that is.
If you post this same thread on the Fisher forum you might get different answers and I am sure some will notice it after we cruise back from our usual steak and potatoes forums because we are totally different kind of guys.
We all rarely spend time together but our annual Bar-B-Que and Bake events should not be missed.

If you are not planning on going into the water much if you are just going by the list of features the F44 and the LRP are close but the BH might have a few more on that list.
Still love the Fishers and their language, however.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dig-Dug's Dad

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2016
Northwest Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks man. I think I like the stock elliptical concentric on the f44, from what I've read and seen in the few reviews I've watched, anyway.

I now think I really don't need all the notching ability of the lrp for the hunting I do. Hunter GT has cleared up some of my confusion in that respect. The main things I am wanting are decent depth, good manual ground balance, love the low iron audio, waterproof coil, decent target ID and a warranty. As new as I am to the hobby, I have certainly learned (if anything) that my ears and brain are the most important part of the detectors features. Which is why I'm so partial to the underrated aspect of anything bounty hunter.

It seems that they are potentially hurting their pro series sales with the affordability of the new f series line. I was set on the lrp until looking closer at the f44.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had to pick one...I'd pick either. That is about how confusing it is picking between the two. Since they are both frat bros 7.7khz machines, they are so similar in performance it is really going to be down to the specifics or options of each.

Do you want the weatherproofing? Do you prefer 2X AA or 1X 9V? Do you prefer a elliptical concentric or a DD? Do you want a back light? Do the "blocks" bother you? Do you like/want Iron Audio on the F44.

I hate the rain so don't need the F44 weatherproofing - but can see it's value for sure. Don't need iron audio as it is ALL iron out here in Colorado. However, I like the concentric elliptical over the 11DD. I also like to hunt late and like that backlight on the F44. But I sure hate those "blocks" on the F44 and MUCH prefer the 1 by 1 on the LRP. LRP also has 3 custom modes to program and it remembers when you power off.

Both have manual GB and fast grab GB. Both have pin-point capability. Both have easy to read ID's.

It gets confusing eh? Add in the Teknetics Greek series and we can have sorts of fun!

I don't think you can go wrong with either the F44 or LRP. The LRP on Amazon for $271 with "Prime" shipping is with the 11DD....and IMO is one of the best deals around right now. The F44 at $350 is great as well for the amount of detector you get.

OP
OP
D

Dig-Dug's Dad

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2016
Northwest Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
I appreciate your thoughts, Hunter. That is a good deal on Amazon. Do you happen to know if the pinpoint button issue has been corrected on the lrp?

OP
OP
D

Dig-Dug's Dad

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2016
Northwest Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
"If I had to pick one...I'd pick either."

Man, that sure clears things up for me.

My 8 yr old son will be getting his first real machine for Christmas. He initially wanted the Ace 200, as a result of the AT pro usage hysteria on youtube. I was able to steer him away from the ace, which I'm not a fan of. He has since changed his mind several times over and this week it's the fll. He's got it as bad as me.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your thoughts, Hunter. That is a good deal on Amazon. Do you happen to know if the pinpoint button issue has been corrected on the lrp?

From what I remember reading elsewhere...First Texas was aware of a bad batch that made it through QC. So if that means 100 got through or 1000 got through...IDK. Other membrane buttons on FT products have been rock solid (Gold Bug/F19/SS2,F44)

"If I had to pick one...I'd pick either."

Man, that sure clears things up for me.

My 8 yr old son will be getting his first real machine for Christmas. He initially wanted the Ace 200, as a result of the AT pro usage hysteria on youtube. I was able to steer him away from the ace, which I'm not a fan of. He has since changed his mind several times over and this week it's the fll. He's got it as bad as me.

My son just received a Teknetics Digitek. He is 13 and thrilled coming from a BH Gold Digger (the most underrated machine ever IMO). Figure when he is 15-16 he can have my T2 or whatever adult machine we have around.

I will have a review video up for it in about a 1-2 weeks. Preliminary air testing is amazing for a "tween/teen" detector. It's a true 7.7khz Frat Bros machine...no doubt about it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see it's as clear as mud. But the point is you would be happy with any of the three. I mainly swing Fishers and love the DD coil. I had the LRP, but thought it was redundant to have 2 or more VLF detectors. I recommend you watch videos on all 3.

When it comes to you 8 year old son, you should watch The Hunter GT's review of a detector that is well suited for an 8 year old.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/bounty-hunter/518391-new-bounty-hunter-junior-tid-unboxing-testing-video.html

If you think he needs a more advanced unit, maybe you should look into this model that was designed for younger MDer's and has some bells and whistles. it's the Teknetics Digitek
th.jpg

Good Luck in whatever you decide.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see that I was a few minutes late, The Hunter GT beat me to the post button.

OP
OP
D

Dig-Dug's Dad

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2016
Northwest Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
I see it's as clear as mud. But the point is you would be happy with any of the three. I mainly swing Fishers and love the DD coil. I had the LRP, but thought it was redundant to have 2 or more VLF detectors. I recommend you watch viseos on all 3.

When it comes to you 8 year old son, you should watch The Hunter GT's review of a detector that is well suited for an 8 year old.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/bounty-hunter/518391-new-bounty-hunter-junior-tid-unboxing-testing-video.html

If you think he needs a more advanced unit, maybe you should look into this model that was designed for younger MDer's and has some bells and whistles. it's the Teknetics Digitek
View attachment 1378856

Good Luck in whatever you decide.

HE feels he needs a more advanced unit. The new jr is a little beast. It would suit him perfectly, but he thinks he's too big for a "kids" detector. He was telling me about that unboxing, the day HunterGT uploaded it. I should add; I had already watched it, when he was telling me about it.

Thanks for your input, guys. I'll follow up at some point and let you know what we end up going with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dig-Dug's Dad

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2016
Northwest Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wanted to follow up and thank the guys that chimed in with their input.

I decided to get a little more machine than I had originally planned for myself and my son. I went with a Teknetics Omega and my son decided on an Alpha.
My wife needed a better machine.. scratch that.. I wanted her to have a better machine than she was using. Needing just a good turn on and go detector for her, I bought her the Quick Draw Pro.

Thanks again TheHunterGT, Loco-Digger and digger27 for taking the time to share your thoughts and knowledge.

Treasuretrooper

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have got confused on the original post but the LRP can be bought from Amazon, Walmart and most dealers for under $300 with the dd. I got it for $280 off Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread