verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So here is a pic of my setup. The latest NEL, The Cor Shrew, and the factory coil.

So the big NEL arrived today. I decided to give it a swing to kill some time this evening. First find was a giant hunk of can slaw. Second find was a ring tab.

Wonderful! I thought. I could've, should've found this stuff with my Lone Star...... Bummer.....

Then I hit a patch of some really jumpy signals. I was running in AM, was ground balanced, and after pinpointing the first one, I started to dig. I scooped the last handful of dirt out at the 7-9" mark. Swung again and realized that the target was out of the hole! I pulled 2 Wheaties, a 51 and a 55. Last sweep of the hole revealed another target. I finally located a 39 Wheatie and a strange bit of metal.

My only mistake was getting dig happy and not testing the other 2 coils against the NEL. Next time I'll, swap between all 3 and see what results I get.

Thanks for reading!!

Attachments

• 1479861075205.jpg
    1479861075205.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 187

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome picture and story verbious. Glad to see the new coil paid of the first day out...3 wheats in one day is very good. All in the same hole is fantastic!

Many of my wheats have been jumpy no matter the machine...got dig the iffy stuff sometimes.

Let us know how an air test does between the coils if ya have time. Dime..penny..nickel..quarter. AM and Disc mode...max sens. Would be good info to know.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Hunter! Like I said, I've been all over my yard many times. This place was built in 1910..... There's gotta be silver here! The area that i was digging in tonight was very rich topsoil with bits of gravel, coal, and red dog mixed in.

I'll work on those air tests sometime soon!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you've got a great selection of coils. I believe you are obsessed as many of us here. I buy spare lower rods for my other coils, it makes swapping coils quicker. Each of those 3 coils will come in handy.

Small coil for target dense (trashy sites)

Stock coil I start with it on all sites and then swap out if necessary.

Large coil for areas with low target density

I mainly hunt house permissions and some curb strips, parks, and schools. I am using the 5"DD coil more and more and am amazed at the depth I get. Pulled a couple Indian Heads at 10 inches according to the depth meter on the F75, but I swing 1.5 to 2 inches above the ground (due to the grass) so the coins were only 7 to 8 inches down in the dirt.

Looking forward to you future posts.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Hunter! Like I said, I've been all over my yard many times. This place was built in 1910..... There's gotta be silver here! The area that i was digging in tonight was very rich topsoil with bits of gravel, coal, and red dog mixed in.

I'll work on those air tests sometime soon!

Hey verbious, just by hitting an area from a different direction can make some targets stand out where they were nulled or missed on previous hunts.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Obsessed? Lol!!

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found that out and I had worked over my yard from many angles with my old machine. The LRP is just that much better! The first 2 wheaties were jumpy, but I had enough solid hits in the 61 range that I decided to dig them. The 3rd Wheatie was about 9 inches away, and there was a hunk of brass or copper very close by and I would get a 44 then 62 then a 96 swinging one way, and if I turned 90* I would get an iron hit. It was fun for sure!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am glad the LRP is producing for you. I had one, loved how light it was and it's depth in disc mode, but found it amazing that it gains an inch or 2 when used in AM mode. It helped me hunt longer after swinging the F75 with the 12x15 SEF coil.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've become a really big fan of all metal!!!!

PaJim

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Whites coinmaster

Garret AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What model is that? I keep seeing coils that are made for the BH Gold, Platinum or the Discovery series. Which works for the LRP?

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coils made for the Greek series and the Fisher F5 will work on the LRP with a screw on to push in adapter. Coils from the older BH line run at 6.6 kHz, while the newer machines run at 7.8.

Treasuretrooper

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using an adapter? And where did you get it? Thx

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got an adapter for the biggest coil and I just got it from eBay. it was $20. The Shrew has a push in connector.

N5XTR

Mar 5, 2016
SW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
MX Sport
Land Ranger Pro
ProPointerAT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cheaper just to order the correct connector from Mouser and solder it on. That is what I plan to do when I finally order the 5" DD or the Shrew.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread