New owner of a 1st Texas Titan 9000

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
1st Texas Titan 9000 (BH Time Ranger), Teknetics Patriot 11"DD with NEL Sharpshooter and Hunter, Deteknix X Pointer Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just getting back into detecting and bought a new Titan 9000 for $50 from Kellyco on black Friday. It came with the stock 8" coil and the 4" also. I've only used it about a half hour due to the weather (found some clad), but from what I've read, it is a steal. I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between the Titan 9000, the Titan 9000 Pro and the Titan 9000 Pro Plus? They all had identical specs and came with almost the same accessories. I've been getting most of my info from posts about the BH Time Ranger which looks to be the same machine. Anyone still using the Time Ranger or the rebranded Titan 9000? If so, can someone recommend some settings to start with? It's pretty cold here in PA right now, but spring is right around the corner. I decided to take detecting up again after reading some of the history of the area around my home and the fact that I just bought a home that was built in 1870. Can't wait to see what lies under my lawn! Also looking forward to detecting around some 1700-1800 cellar holes that I've discovered in my research!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
H

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
1st Texas Titan 9000 (BH Time Ranger), Teknetics Patriot 11"DD with NEL Sharpshooter and Hunter, Deteknix X Pointer Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the post, but didn't have a chance to view the video until now. Video was great by the way, thanks. Still wondering the difference between the regular, pro and pro plus models.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read the post, but didn't have a chance to view the video until now. Video was great by the way, thanks. Still wondering the difference between the regular, pro and pro plus models.

What does it matter, learn the detector you have, just know that you will need to have a slow swing speed or else you will miss many targets with the detector you purchased. It has a slower recovery speed than most other newer detectors. Since you have a concentric coil, you will have to overlap your sweeps much more than if you had a DD coil to get max depth on every inch of the area you are detecting. I think you got a steal of a deal for $50, good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
H

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I appreciate the advice.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no difference in the versions Kellyco sells. Not sure why they labeled them as such. They are all the same as the v4 Time Ranger from Bounty Hunter.

OP
OP
H

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, that had me confused. I figured it might of had to do with the accessories, but mine came with all of them and it was the standard version.

retiredusafgi

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2017
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV Treasur Hunter, Pioneer 202, Titan 9000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found $15+ in clad coins on my first outing!! Should have it paid for in a few more trips out...love it for the low cost and it works great for me for now!

OP
OP
H

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having great finds here too. Already wanting to upgrade to a f75 or t2.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found $15+ in clad coins on my first outing!! Should have it paid for in a few more trips out...love it for the low cost and it works great for me for now!

Congrats on a ton of clad. Over $15 In one outing...must have found a pound of quarters and dimes. Wow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread