Bounty Hunter prospector/tracker with DD coil ?

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
March 9th,2017
Ordered a DD coil today, cors fortune. boon or bust , ill keep you updated.
also found $13.22 today in two hours hunting !

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mar 17th,2017

Got the Cors fortune DD coil today,,,, its BAD ASS ! Went to a local park (hadn't been to this one before) And pulled $21.44 in about four hours!!! 62 cents in junk zinc pennies.
Compared to the factory coil , maybe lost an inch in depth. Separation was fantastic !
Hit targets three inches apart multiple times. Took all of two minutes to get pinpointing down, no problem. Just a tad heavier than my stock coil (older center mount 8in). Since its center mounted , it balances nicely . No difference in the way the tones sounded . Really makes the Bounty Hunter look less like a toy !
I run in disk mode, knob at 3:00. Yes no zinc (unless really close to the surface), nickles or gold but i dig VERY little trash. At the beach i'll run in all metal unless really trashy then it's tone mode.
I'm going to get a Cors Scout or Strike for the beach.
I admit the Fortune coil does the samething as the 4in nugget coil . But it's better,covers more area per swing , a tad deeper , looks way cool ,but for a little over twice as much $.
The 4in coil REALLY makes the BH looks cheap tho.
I REALLY like my new coil !

nevets2968

Greenie
Feb 10, 2017
North Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Pro Pointer AT (well soon I'll have one.) Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 w/ a diggit hori knife, oh and a Lesche Sampson T handled shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much did that Cors coil run you? Also - I assume the connector is a push in plug type? And lastly, where did you order it from?

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got it from Serious Detecting. Yes,push in connector.
Paid $101,free shipping.

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mar 20,2017
update;
I love my new DD coil !!! Like A knife through butter.
Gave the old Bounty Hunter Prospector a completely different feel. Now she's pack'en some iron! (LOL,bad joke i know!)
I like how narrow the Cors Fortune is, 5 1/2 inches. Gets between rocks and tree roots much easier than the 8in.
Looks like a more modern machine. bh.jpg

nevets2968

Greenie
Feb 10, 2017
North Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Pro Pointer AT (well soon I'll have one.) Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 w/ a diggit hori knife, oh and a Lesche Sampson T handled shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if this coil would work with my Pioneer 202? Also - the last picture you posted...what's the red device on your detector? A pinpointer?

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think so, if the 202 can use the 4in and 10in BH accessory coils , then yes. Most older Bounty Hunters are 6.6hz the new ones 7.7. I had saw the BH 1100,2200,and 3300 used the same BH coils as the Prospector,and Cors made coils fore those machines , so i figured........ could have been a hundred dollar bummer.

The red thing is a flashlight.
Sometimes the huntings good and i don't want to go home because its dark!
Puts the light low and right on the coil.I have a headband headlight but i feel like a beacon in a sea of darkness.
LOL, i was once detecting in the dark before i got the light, and i smacked this homeless guy in the head.He was passed out drunk (could smell the alcohol) ,just grunted and rolled over.

nevets2968

Greenie
Feb 10, 2017
North Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the same way ( ie..smack me in the head and I'd grunt and turn over.) ;) I'll have to save up some $ and get that coil. As for the Pioneer 202 (it's a relabeled quickdraw 2 that was "made" for Walmart)...it does take the 4" nugget & 10" magnum coil. Thanks for the review. :D

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mar 23 ,207

Got bored last night so i did a side by side by side air comparison. The Bounty Hunter solid 8in and 4in nugget coils and the Cors Fortune 9 by 5 1/2 inch coil. The solid 8in (i measured it) is what came with my BHP.
Surprisingly , all three went the about the same depth, about 5 inches. Only real difference was how big the receiving area was. The 8in had a 3 1/2 to 4in circle in the middle that picked up the object. The 4in nugget coil about an 1 to 1 1/2 inch circle. And the Cors Fortune had a (approx) 7in by 1 inch area down the middle.

I was hoping for a little more depth with the Fortune DD coil. Its 9 by 5 1/5, im looking at its bigger brothers the
Scout ,12 by 8 /2 or the Strike 12 by 13. .
Ultimately id like to get a solid 6 to 8 inches of depth without spending a butt load on a new machine.
A bigger coil could do it.

Eleven Cents

Nov 30, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting this. I've been curious about getting a DD coil for my Prospector.

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May 9,2017

New update (kind of)!
Been running the Cors Fortune DD coil on my Bounty Hunter Prospector. I Love it ! But only goes about 5in deep. So i got a NEL Hunter,12x8 DD coil. Its the same as the Cors Scout , the next size up from the 9x5.5 Fortune.

View attachment 1456602

I buried a dime 8in down and i could just pick it up.
Cant wait to get out and give it a real test but that's going to have to wait a couple of months, i broke my foot dirtbiking.Cant swing on crutches:BangHead:

And if your asking yourself "why doesn't this guy just get a better detector?"
I enjoy hopping up underdogs and messing with the big boys!

Last edited:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May 9,2017

New update (kind of)!
Been running the Cors Fortune DD coil on my Bounty Hunter Prospector. I Love it ! But only goes about 5in deep. So i got a NEL Hunter,12x8 DD coil. Its the same as the Cors Scout , the next size up from the 9x5.5 Fortune.

View attachment 1456602

I buried a dime 8in down and i could just pick it up.
Cant wait to get out and give it a real test but that's going to have to wait a couple of months, i broke my foot dirtbiking.Cant swing on crutches:BangHead:

And if your asking yourself "why doesn't this guy just get a better detector?"
I enjoy hopping up underdogs and messing with the big boys!

Sorry to hear about your injury and hope you get well soon. I'm laid up right now too, can't detect, and it's driving me nuts!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You go for it bravobob. :hello2: I have seen a few F75's sell for $300 or less. A buy like that will give you instant depth. 10 to 12 inches on a quarter depending on the soil. Good Luck, this is the best hobby ever.

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Scared the crap out of myself.
Did an air test with my new NEL Hunter coil, it would only go two inches with ANY coin,even in AM !?! I'm like WTF !!!
Did i just spend $140 bucks on crap ? Before the air test, i had buried a dime about 6 inches , and it picked it up,no problem. But the air test started to make me wonder.

Well i got my cast off my foot and was given a walking boot and was told to start walking on it.
So i grabbed the ole Bounty Hunter and headed out.
After 2 1/2 hours the Advil had wore off and my foot was hurting pretty bad, but im very happy. The NEL Hunter coil worked great ! Don't know why the air test failed, had no problems getting dimes 5/6 inches deep and quarters around 8in.
IMG_20170611_151846173.jpg

The file was about 10 inches deep.

Last edited:

MadJack

Sep 13, 2004
West central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440 & 540,Explorer II,SE Pro,Whites Eagle II SL 90,Wilson R & C II,Millennium Baron and Compass 77 auto legend project
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bravobob,how are you doing? Your posts on the CORS DD coils for the bounty hunter discovery push in connector models are encouraging to say the least! I'm thinking of getting the CORS Fortune coil for my big bud pro and Mark 1 LTD metal detectors. I would say this might be a better set up than the F4 DD coil that operates at 5.9 khz that one person I know is using.

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only negative thing is the discrimination isn't as exact as with a concentric coil. I dig way more bottle caps that ring in like quarters.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was hoping to find a DD coil for my Time Ranger. It operates at 6.9 kHz. It has the push-in connector, as well.

Would this CORS coil work for me? I'm told the 11" Fisher F2/F4 DD coils will work, too.

OP
OP
bravobob

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hoping to find a DD coil for my Time Ranger. It operates at 6.9 kHz. It has the push-in connector, as well.

Would this CORS coil work for me? I'm told the 11" Fisher F2/F4 DD coils will work, too.

Im not 100% sure but i do think you can . If you can use the optional Bounty Hunter 5 inch and 10 inch coils , then you can use the Cors DD.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From my understanding, no Fratbros coils work effectively on the older George Payne Bounty Hunter machines, and vice versa. The frequency matters in the way the wire twisting is performed inside the coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread