In which way is the Discovery 3300 worse than the LRP ?

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used the 3300 but do own a LRP. The LRP isn't too bad, definitely not overwhelming. I learned on it and used it for about 3 seasons, in the woods and water. My only complaint is the pinpointer button is worn out which seems common. I still have it as a spare in case a buddy wants to use it, but replaced it as my main detector with an AT Gold. Obviously it doesn't have the target separation of the ATG but for the price I loved the LRP. Honestly the pinpoint function isn't that big of a deal, the coil on the LRP is pretty decent. It's hard to beat the features of the LRP for the price. I wouldn't pass up a good deal if you find one. :icon_thumright:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Top Three Differences

1. The 3300 takes 2 batteries & the LRP takes 1.

2. You can only use the ground balance in All Metal mode on the 3300 where the LRP can be ground balanced in any mode.

3. The 3300 comes stock with the 8" concentric coil and the LRP comes with the bigger DD coil.

I used to have a Fisher F4 (Fisher version of the 3300) and an LRP, the LRP is a better detector for the 3 reasons I gave above. It's only down fall is it's pinpoint button. The LRP is also ultra light.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LRP looks much cheaper and it's buttons look like they will be worn down soon.
Technicwise both are pretty much the same , but the Discovery looks much more beginner friendly.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Night and day. That tiny 3300 screen is too small for me. The LRP is newer technology, faster recovery speed, one button Ground Grab or manual ground balancing, volume control, 10 segments of sensitivity over 6, more programming options, or 3 different turn on and go modes, a killer AM mode with ID and depth in real time, a 11" DD over a 8" concentric.

The 3300 is segment notching instead of an adjustable single notch.(if notching is your thing).

disc3300-face-800.jpg land-ranger-pro-faceplate.jpg

Both good detectors. Personal preference. After 3 years my buttons works fine. But, the buttons on the 3300 do offer a raised feature that is probably easier to use.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread