verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So. I saw a Craigslist ad for a 2 detectors. A Platinum and a Gamo Raider. $100 took em both.

I couldn't wait to try it out, so the very minute I pulled in the driveway, out came the Pt. Ground balanced the machine, and started swinging over my yard that I have used several metal detectors on. All Bounty Hunter: Tracker IV, Lone Star, LRP (with different coils), a Time Ranger and finally the Pt. Right away I had a signal that was more Nickel than Pull tab. Low and behold, it was indeed a Nickel. 1985 to be exact.

Observations.

The Pt is LIGHT with the 8" concentric coil. The pistol grip style handle is really comfortable and so is the arm strap.

The Pt is very simple to operate. Ground balance is very simple. The mode selection is very simple.

I love the very large display.

After work today, I decided to put the Pt to the test. I managed to pull a dime, a wheatie, and 6 other pennies from my yard. I have scoured my yard thoroughly with all my other machines. Granted! I was a novice and learning with the Tracker and the Lone Star.

The 11" DD coil from my LRP works flawlessly and I can't wait to try the Cors Shrew and the bigger coil on the Pt.

I honestly think I like the Pt better than the LRP. I'm gonna run it through the old farm location in the next week and see just how it does.

I was running the Pt in Disc mode, sensitivity about 7 in the front yard. Lots of clay in the soil and in the side yard, I had to turn the Sens down to 5. I think people used to park cars or there was some sort of a driveway or something due to the composition of really black soil, mixed with all kinds of gravel and and what not.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So. I saw a Craigslist ad for a 2 detectors. A Platinum and a Gamo Raider. $100 took em both.

I couldn't wait to try it out, so the very minute I pulled in the driveway, out came the Pt. Ground balanced the machine, and started swinging over my yard that I have used several metal detectors on. All Bounty Hunter: Tracker IV, Lone Star, LRP (with different coils), a Time Ranger and finally the Pt. Right away I had a signal that was more Nickel than Pull tab. Low and behold, it was indeed a Nickel. 1985 to be exact.

Observations.

The Pt is LIGHT with the 8" concentric coil. The pistol grip style handle is really comfortable and so is the arm strap.

The Pt is very simple to operate. Ground balance is very simple. The mode selection is very simple.

I love the very large display.

After work today, I decided to put the Pt to the test. I managed to pull a dime, a wheatie, and 6 other pennies from my yard. I have scoured my yard thoroughly with all my other machines. Granted! I was a novice and learning with the Tracker and the Lone Star.

The 11" DD coil from my LRP works flawlessly and I can't wait to try the Cors Shrew and the bigger coil on the Pt.

I honestly think I like the Pt better than the LRP. I'm gonna run it through the old farm location in the next week and see just how it does.

I was running the Pt in Disc mode, sensitivity about 7 in the front yard. Lots of clay in the soil and in the side yard, I had to turn the Sens down to 5. I think people used to park cars or there was some sort of a driveway or something due to the composition of really black soil, mixed with all kinds of gravel and and what not.

I saw that ad and thought about getting the Platinum for the great price. The other detector isn't a bounty hunter as stated in the ad. You got a great deal for the Platinum, wouldn't he split the deal? If I was forced to take the other detector, I have a grand daughter that would be getting it as a present or maybe a grand nephew.

OP
OP
verbious

verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drove about an hour to pick up detectors, I made sure the Platinum powered up and cycled through the functions, tossed them in the car and then headed home. One of the kids will be getting the Gamo. It's a GE-100 Raider. I'm not even really sure it works!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread