Just bought a BH Tracker IV while my Fisher F22 is out for repairs

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say that the Tracker IV is really a decent machine! I got it on Amazon for $79.99 yesterday. My Fisher went haywire last week, and I had to send it back for repairs. I am going on vacation later this week and did not want to be without a detector, but didn't want to spend much to do so.

I lost a throwing knife in the lawn last fall. I tried finding it with my Fisher several times, but had no luck. I figured it was hit by a mower blade and shot off into the woods. Well, this morning I assembled the Tracker IV and took it into the yard to test it out. To my surprise, I found the knife!

Go figure!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the most underrated machines around. Seems like everybody who ever touches one comes away happy for the price they paid. For the price...makes sense to grab one as a "throw in the trunk" type detector for hitting spots on the fly. Then go back later with your big-boy detectors if it pans out.

95% of my silvers and wheats have been 2-3 inches....a Tracker 4 would have found all of them easily.

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just back from a week at the shore on vacation. If anyone has doubts about the Tracker IV's abilities, I'm here to tell you that it was a blast to use! I pulled in about $7 in clad, countless caps and tabs, and several toys I promptly cleaned and handed to my grand daughter to play with. I even found 2 beach passes @ $40 each!

I am very happy I bought it. A hidden gem for less that $100!

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
That's great!!!
The beach passes alone paid for your detector.
Hard to beat that quick of a return on your investment!

Shane508

Sep 19, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tracker IV is incredible for the price. The first day I bought mine, I found 3 tokens, a button, a Tibetan vajra, and a few bullets, all within 45 minutes.

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The BH Tracker IV was my first detector and definitely my "keep handy & ready in the trunk" detector. And, let's be honest, you can't beat the price for the performance it offers.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have to agree they're worth every penny. I just bought a used like new one in the local classifieds for $25.00 after watching the huntergt's vid on youtube. My pinpointer was six times that!

Makes me laugh when i see the recovery speed this thing has. I seriously think it would be respectable in an iron pit.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the recovery speed is pretty bonkers. As fast as just about anything out there. I literally can't swing it fast enough to make it miss.

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Bounty Hunter Prospector, same machine , Love it ! A while back i thought i'd upgrade and bought a Whites Treasure pro. Hated it , traded it for a generator. I did very well on that ! Whites Treasure Pro -$400 , Generac 7550 watt generator-$1500.
Got a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200. Still prefer my Prospector. Its much faster. Its like the 2200 has to "think". Needs time to tell how deep and what it is. Its not a bad machine, the depth is pretty much spot on ,the id , about 80%. Not any deeper , just slower. Much slower.
What i really didn't like about the Whites was even with full discrimination , the id numbers never really locked on and i kept standing there trying to "analyze" what i had , and still kept digging bottle caps. The BHP/TK4 has fantastic discrimination and speed. I love the beep and dig. It goes beep , i know there's a coin, hopefully a silver one ! The machine does the analyzing for me.
Super rugged , light and accurate.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember Dave Johnson saying he wanted to give it a face lift but the First Texas brass told him to "Leave it alone" Hahahaha! Dave has said there is just enough analog meeting just enough digital in that machine to make it a magical mystery performer. I know I loved mine!
Opie

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember Dave Johnson saying he wanted to give it a face lift but the First Texas brass told him to "Leave it alone" Hahahaha! Dave has said there is just enough analog meeting just enough digital in that machine to make it a magical mystery performer. I know I loved mine!
Opie

I took mine out for the first time a couple evenings ago. Just went to a local high school where I've been numerous times. Seems like the tones are very descriptive. I only hunted for an hour or so but pulled out a bunch of clad. Dug a few bottle caps but every one of them gave off the same exact sounding signal. Had it in tone mode, sens. at almost max and disc. At about noon position. Neat little machine. For $25.00? I'll keep it. Haha.

carl de angelo

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2017
dothan al
Detector(s) used
RS discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was given a R S discovery 2000 and had so much fun bought a tracker to get mine back from the wife. btw harbor freight has a security hand held for 16 bucks that makes a great pin pointer.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i was given a R S discovery 2000 and had so much fun bought a tracker to get mine back from the wife. btw harbor freight has a security hand held for 16 bucks that makes a great pin pointer.

I agree that the harbor freight hand held makes a good pin pointer, but I have my reservations about it's durability. You get what you pay for. It's way better than the current BH/Fisher/Generic pin pointer that sells for about $50. I am a die hard MDer and hunt as often as possible so I use Garrett pin pointers, I have 2, one is a back up loaner. I have enough gear for me and another person.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A sick ,old neighbor got a Tracker IV i had to assemble it for him... First hunt he killed it... 1/4 mile down our road
This was the second time he was ever out metal detecting... 1/2 mile up our road...it`s the location but the Tracker VI is very able .
This IS a post here on Tnet
Gary
Second time hunt two cashes in the same hole

Last edited:

jss1216

Apr 17, 2014
Shelton,Ct
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
I have a Tracker IV and it has the best iron discrimination i have ever seen and I have a Garrett Pro and Max and an XP Deus

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Tracker IV and it has the best iron discrimination i have ever seen and I have a Garrett Pro and Max and an XP Deus

I know I'll get hammered for saying this but I did the ultra evil air test with my tracker iv. I know, things change in the dirt but it still shocked me that a large cent covered in rusty dug nails was being high toned perfectly by a sub $100.00 machine! Beat out every other machine I had sitting there including my f75 with the 5"dd attached. If it was deeper it would be an amazing setup.

NorCalSmitty

Mar 13, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro:
BH Tracker IV:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Encouraging:

This is an encouraging thread as a new to the hobby BH Tracker IV owner.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread