Help! Please!

In10se33

Mar 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie here.. Having trouble with my TrackerIV. This the first place Ive looked. My detector is about 5 yrs old and has been working great. Until today. I noticed when I turned it on the battery light lit up so I replaced the batteries. Now, it will power up but will not pick up on anything. I have checked that the cord is all the way in and tried another fresh set of batteries with no luck. Im not sure what else to check. My thinking is the coil wire....any ideas?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should have a 5 year warranty....

Did you try pulling out the coil connection then re attaching?

OP
OP
I

In10se33

Mar 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure my warranty is expired. But yes, I did disconnct the coil wire and reattach... Many times actually and tried wiggling the cord around tryin to find a short but I get nothing. When I power up, the meter needle shoots over to the right and I hear the speaker turn on but I get no response moving over any objects.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where was is stored? My Fisher F4 used to act up when it got damp. The cure was to remove the batteries and leave the cover off and leave it in the sun to dry out. Maybe you can find someone local and borrow their coil to see if it solves the problem.

OP
OP
I

In10se33

Mar 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.... Im pretty sure its not the coil now. I was playing with the batteries and the connectors and found that when I take a certain one off, the machine stays powered up. If I take the other off and leave one on, it shuts down. I broke down and tore it all down but cannot find a broken connection. So here I am still, scratching my head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread