New Land Ranger Pro

KenG

Mar 16, 2018
East TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass II, Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received my new Land Ranger Pro last week. It about killed me that we had company all weekend I couldn't get out and really give it a try. I did however manage to play in the yard a little. I found a wheat penny and clad dime which I had apparently missed in my previous hunts. That was encouraging, given the amount of time I had already spent in the yard with my old Tesoro Cutlass II Umax.

Initially the VDI seemed very jumpy and pinpointing seemed impossible compared to the Tesoro. DD coil verses the old 7” concentric I guess. Adjusting sensitivity settled the jumpiness down. More to come. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Ken

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new detector. Probably one of the best price to performance deals to ever grace the hobby. Best of luck!

NorCalSmitty

Mar 13, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro:
BH Tracker IV:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Hunter GT’s reviews...”

Just finished watching all your review and comparison videos on the BHLRP Hunter GT and I enjoyed the information gleaned from them immensely. I am considering the purchase of one before the weekend and your video vloggs on the BHLRP, the current low price and high scoring reviews have me just about sold.

OP
OP
K

KenG

Mar 16, 2018
East TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, great video. I found it very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do it. So far I'm very happy with the purchase. Hard to believe the $244 price on Amazon for the options the detector has.

Cheers,
Ken

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished watching all your review and comparison videos on the BHLRP Hunter GT and I enjoyed the information gleaned from them immensely. I am considering the purchase of one before the weekend and your video vloggs on the BHLRP, the current low price and high scoring reviews have me just about sold.

Yes, great video. I found it very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do it. So far I'm very happy with the purchase. Hard to believe the $244 price on Amazon for the options the detector has.

Cheers,
Ken

My pleasure fellas...I appreciate the kind words and am glad to be of help. :occasion14:

NorCalSmitty

Mar 13, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro:
BH Tracker IV:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulled the trigger...”

I just pulled the trigger on a new BHLRP so everyone in Northern California can blame the incoming storm on me.

I have a historic downtown permission to work before it is covered up in concrete & asphalt so I will have to learn the BHLRP on the fly there.:icon_thumright:
I will post pictures of any significant finds here on TN and can’t wait to get at it.:cool:

Thanks again Hunter GT and others who helped in my purchase decision.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KenG

Mar 16, 2018
East TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a follow up. I've had the LRP out a couple of times for short hunts. I can't compare to a high dollar machine but I'm impressed especially for the price. Bent nails seem to give the VDI fits but digging some every now and then is part of the game.

Thanks again for the video. That really changed the angle of the learning curve.

Cheers,
Ken

NorCalSmitty

Mar 13, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH Land Ranger Pro:
BH Tracker IV:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the report”

Thanks for the report KenG”

I just received my new LRP last week and got to make one 2 hour test run so far after some heavy downpours in our area.
I feel like I moved up from the Minor Leagues at a $low cost$ with my LRP and the 11x7”DD coil. More outings will tell me more of what I’m swinging here.

3747F15F-D260-4B06-B885-AF23935CE178.jpeg 84008862-32F1-40DC-B9B6-3DA03C020D27.jpeg AF09C981-F2A8-4F92-8C36-276ED6C9D119.jpg 4C841FEB-A331-413B-93EB-3BDBC57AC2BB.jpeg 6024B8D4-7DE4-4A37-80E5-CBF5DD5D232E.jpeg 16FBB8D5-ABB7-4A7A-8A40-E5DDF8CD3A1D.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread