LRP settings

jimcline

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently purcheased a new Land Ranger Pro and use it mainly hunting civil war relics.I have made some good finds using it in all metals mode but get allot of constant chatter and allot of junk digging in the process of getting the good stuff found,I know you will have this in all metals and im afraid to run sensitivity too low to stop this in fear of missing something good.my question to anyone who swings the lrp and hunts the relic type items is am i correct in running in all metals or should i be running it in something else? The items I am hunting would be some iron but mainly brass,copper and lead.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The presets worked well for me when this was my primary detector. If I started getting chatter, I would drop the sensitivity till it went away. I never actively sought relics with it, but dug a boatload of trash along with the clad, silver coins, silver jewelry and iron targets. I will attest to the LRP being a coil sweeper. Best coin was a 1955 Guatemalan 25 Centavo at 8” that screamed back at me. No problem getting strong signals 10-12” on good targets, along with iron targets. I hunted mainly in all metal mode wide open, just adjusting sensitivity as needed.

A9809F3F-0CCC-4843-8260-7983318ED891.jpeg

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used a LRP but in general if the chatter is ruining your hunt all you can really do is make sure your ground balance is set right and turn your sensitivity down till the chatter goes away or at least becomes tolerable. And yes running in All Metal is a good thing to do IMO.

Good luck.

OP
OP
J

jimcline

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,I took it out yesterday and for the first time used the ground balance feature and it helped allot.People like to bash the Bounty Hunters but I am getting the hang of this LRP and really like it,I have dug several coins,old bullets,and even a couple of buttons with most of these being between 8 to 12" deep.

GeekNJ

Mar 10, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & MI-6, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something to consider, when you get a signal you are going to dig, are try different modes/settings on that spot to see how they would have responded.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You picked a great machine, it is the best bang for the buck especially if you got it for a good price $250 or less. I used to hunt in DISC 4 and normally discriminated out iron.

zippi

Mar 28, 2018
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the LRP on my Birthday wish list in May. Did a lot of research and setting on this one for all it's features and the price. I have saw it as low a $189.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would personally relic hunt with it in "Disc 2" mode which is VCO modulated audio.....so small or deeper stuff is faint....large and shallow stuff is loud. Tons of information in that signal.

Disc 2 mode...Discrimination 0...V-Break to where nails break (dependant on site)...sens 8-10....dig all VCO tones.

Those would be my settings...but tons of ways to set it up and run it with success. Great machine.

zippi

Mar 28, 2018
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my LRP today. tried it out in the back yard in Coin mode and in 20 min found 6 clads. This is going to be fun.

Attachments

• FIRST CLADS.jpg
    FIRST CLADS.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 91

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread