LRP vs AT Pro test

jimcline

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still using my LRP and still impressed more every time I go hunting with it.A friend of mine at work put his AT Pro up for sale so I borrowed it this weekend to finally get to test it against the LRP myself to see if all the hype was legit as far as it being head and shoulders above the LRP.Well my friends the testing was not even close! Using a test bed with pennys,quarters,dimes,3 ringer civil war bullets and brass buttons and other brass and copper items burying each at 6" and 10".The LRP in all metals,max sensitivity and the AT Pro in Pro mode zero at max sensitivity the LRP blew it out of the water! Both machines performed about identical on the 6" items but the 10" items got interesting.At 10" the LRP sounded loud and clear and showed the correct depth of each item and identified each item correctly but showed the lead bullets to be iron.At 10" the AT struggled and showed nothing with the penny,the dime,or the lead bullets.It did ring up the brass but very faintly and give no readings at all just a faint sound.This may mean nothing to some but for those who bash the LRP and worship the AT I will continue to enjoy hunting behind you.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting your results, I've always believed the LRP was the best bang for the buck when it comes to options it has.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The LRPs All Metal (and still getting an ID) is the best I have ever seen on any of the many detectors I have had. It's what I have resorted to over the years. I used to use the threshold tone on my other detectors (like my Tesoro's) to get better depth. But the LRPs breaking silence is just soooo much more effective for me, rather than listening to a gnat in my ears for hours on end. Plus watching what the screen struggles to tell you what it is even at 10 to 12 inches (depending on the size).

After all my years with the LRP (since it came out), in AM mode, I'd put it up against the better built AT Pro any day. The AT Pro's build quality may be better, but the electronics are just not there, for me anyways.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have the same push in coil connector as my Land Star does???

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it have the same push in coil connector as my Land Star does???
Yes, but it won't work well with older BHs. They operate at 6.6 Khz while the coil windings on the newer 7.8 Khz machines are different.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread