Opinions on which detector I should get.

Astaritas

Aug 9, 2020
Southern Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
Vintage Sears Metal Detector, TR Discriminator 321.59642.
MSE Seeker Plus handheld.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, new guy here,
Haven't sifted dirt in 30 or so years and my wife and I are looking to start.
I can get a mint condition Vintage Bounty Hunter II, or, a Vintage Bounty Hunter Red Baron in very good condition with three different size discs.
Either/or will run me about $75. Not looking to spend more right now, if my wife "catches the bug" we'll get another. These are my two choices right now.
I have read the whiteriverprep sites information about both.
Just wondering about personal experience with either machine.
Hunting will probably be mostly river areas not far from Fort King in Darien Georgia so targets will be everything from coins to relics.
I'm leaning towards the Red Baron because of the two extra discs and someone told me to stay away from BFO"s.
Thanks in advance and we hope to become regulars here.

OP
OP
A

Astaritas

Aug 9, 2020
Southern Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
Vintage Sears Metal Detector, TR Discriminator 321.59642.
MSE Seeker Plus handheld.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And of course the new guy put the post in the wrong section.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, new guy here...
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

...I can get a mint condition Vintage Bounty Hunter II, or, a Vintage Bounty Hunter Red Baron...I'm leaning towards the Red Baron because of the two extra discs and someone told me to stay away from BFO"s...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from METAL DETECTOR MODIFICATIONS over to BRANDS > BOUNTY HUNTER for more exposure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread