Attachments

• Tracker IV.jpg
    Tracker IV.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 724

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Set your sensitivity to about 3 o'clock or higher if you can without the machine becoming unstable.
Set your mode selector switch to Tone
Set your discrimination nob to 12 o'clock

Dig only repeatable signals to start, that is only those signal that repeat with every swing of the detector.
Dig only solid low or high tones, mixed tones will be trash.Low tones will be Gold or aluminum like pulltabs. High tones will be clad coins and or silver.

BTW I have alot of Machines and can afford the best but this little machine is, for the money, the best out there. ;)

P.S. the actuall meter thingy that has the needle that bounces around alot is useless, I think they added it just for looks.

OP
OP
Mercury dude

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that what I was wondering it was good for anything, I see the needle move a lot but it so fast and quick, so it useless the needle that is, ok thanks.

jc

MD Dog said:
Set your sensitivity to about 3 o'clock or higher if you can without the machine becoming unstable.
Set your mode selector switch to Tone
Set your discrimination nob to 12 o'clock

Dig only repeatable signals to start, that is only those signal that repeat with every swing of the detector.
Dig only solid low or high tones, mixed tones will be trash.Low tones will be Gold or aluminum like pulltabs. High tones will be clad coins and or silver.

BTW I have alot of Machines and can afford the best but this little machine is, for the money, the best out there. ;)

P.S. the actuall meter thingy that has the needle that bounces around alot is useless, I think they added it just for looks.

Gretchen

Aug 2, 2004
I love the meter. If you can't hear the sound, just watch the meter. It tells one you are going over an object. I'm in a wilderness area so for safety reasons I do not use earphones. I run the machine on tone - find pull tabs and nickels. I have other machines with tabs - they jump around too much. A pain to use. I use my machine on sandy fresh water beaches and even up in the ocean water of Puget Sound. I have a 4inch coil for those narrow rocky areas. So Far over the last couple of years with my 10.00 swap meet special I have found hundreds of coins. I hit the little lakes and tot parks and school grounds. Basically I am the only one metal detecting. Last week as the water receded from the lake I found over 50 corroded pennies, 1 Sagawea dollar, 2 2007 John Adams dollars, 5 quarters, 2 arrowhead 1984 tokens, 9 dimes, 2 nickels and 1 Mexican Cinco Centavos. Two weeks ago I found a 1917 Liberty 50 cent piece and a 1952 silver dime. Over the years I have found gold rings, plenty of silver rings and silver coins in my neighborhood.

D

Driftking102

I use the Tracker IV metal detector to. But i have only found a ton of clad. Maybe one wheat penny. Thats all. Why isn't it picking up any of the old coins?

Bazooka

Jan 26, 2007
I don't hunt with the Tracker4, but use a Pioneer505. And lately a tesoro. What I'm seeing with both units is that sometimes when coins are deeper, they don't always give a high tone and the discriminate out slightly different based on depth. Last year I dug a silver qtr deep, at 8", I was digging a zinc (middle) tone with a rather weak signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread